Internet packages? +Stream worth the extra$ on oasis?

aml716

Looking to prepay internet package. Is the +stream package worth it? Planning to use three devices (not necessarily simultaneously, was debating surf + stream for one and we share or surf for two?)

Hoping to use it to post pics on Instagram and stay connected .. Also possibly streaming yotube or Netflix for the lil one while at dinner.

I've read that surf is ok to stream but may buffer more often?

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Harmony last month, since we had so many ports, we decided to sign up for the surf package, but we found the speed to be very slow, ok to read email or surf the web slowly, but even videos on Facebook would "start and stop" every 2-3 seconds. So, for our last day (sea day) we upgraded to surf+stream package, and the speed was much better.

BTW, you can share a package between devices, you just have to log off and log back on. Also, we were able to do FaceTime with the surf package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on Harmony last month, since we had so many ports, we decided to sign up for the surf package, but we found the speed to be very slow, ok to read email or surf the web slowly, but even videos on Facebook would "start and stop" every 2-3 seconds. So, for our last day (sea day) we upgraded to surf+stream package, and the speed was much better. ...

Just curious if you were mostly north of Spain when you had the slowness?

On Oasis in July.... without adding "Stream" - the YouTube buffering was pretty bad. My son didn't care much (he's 3) but to me it was almost unwatchable. If you need to stream Netflix and Youtube, pay for the upgrade.

Just curious if you were mostly north of Spain when you had the slowness?

We were sailing western Mediterranean. Speed (Surf package) around Barcelona and Marseille were around 2 Mbps and got worst as we sailed towards Italy. When we upgraded to Surf/Stream package on the last sea day (Naples to Barcelona), we got speed around 10 Mbps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were sailing western Mediterranean. Speed (Surf package) around Barcelona and Marseille were around 2 Mbps and got worst as we sailed towards Italy. When we upgraded to Surf/Stream package on the last sea day (Naples to Barcelona), we got speed around 10 Mbps.

Thanks for the report on those numbers. The buffering was likely due to heavy usage - 2MB is usually good enough for most video streams. BTW, folks have reported up to about 4MB on SURF and 25 MB on STREAM.

Edited by Biker19