Ko Samui and Bali(benoa)

cruisecampo

Hi

Has anyone information/experiences of doing your own thing in Ko Samui, 7am to 5pm and Bali 9am to 6pm. We are on the Emerald Princess and prefer to do our own exploring but am having difficulty in finding information on those two places.

I have found that people on CC have great experiences of places throughout the world and are willing to share them with their fellow cruisers so fingers crossed.

Thanks

Trevor

You can easily do your own thing in Ko Samui. There are heaps of drivers waiting all waving placards offering local tours, or you can just wander around the local shops and have lunch at a local restaurant.

Not sure about Bali - we didn't bother going ashore there.

There are so many threads on CC about this and the information can be confusing.

The Embassy says :01 July 2016

The Embassy has just been officially informed of the decision by the Vietnamese Government to extend visa exemption policy for British, French, German, Italian, Spanish citizens travelling to Viet Nam (single entry, for all purposes, and passport having at least six-month validity) for up to 15 days to 30 June 2017.

I then checked with my TA who says that 2 ports without leaving Vietnam waters is fine for 'single entry'. Just to treble check i have emailed Celebrity for their answer.If I get a response I will post this on the general Celebrity page so that everyone can see it.

Sorry, I can't help with Bali.

Edited by waggie
spelling

You can easily do your own thing in Ko Samui. There are heaps of drivers waiting all waving placards offering local tours, or you can just wander around the local shops and have lunch at a local restaurant.

Not sure about Bali - we didn't bother going ashore there.

Does that mean it's walkable from port to town?

There are so many threads on CC about this and the information can be confusing.

The Embassy says :01 July 2016

The Embassy has just been officially informed of the decision by the Vietnamese Government to extend visa exemption policy for British, French, German, Italian, Spanish citizens travelling to Viet Nam (single entry, for all purposes, and passport having at least six-month validity) for up to 15 days to 30 June 2017.

I then checked with my TA who says that 2 ports without leaving Vietnam waters is fine for 'single entry'. Just to treble check i have emailed Celebrity for their answer.If I get a response I will post this on the general Celebrity page so that everyone can see it.

Sorry, I can't help with Bali.

Ko Samui is Thailand, not Vietnam.

Many countries - including the UK I think - have 30 day tourism visa exemptions. Check the Thailand consulate website for specifics.

Thank you pointing it out -I had been so busy checking the visa details for my upcoming cruise I posted the wrong info here.

I am sure the op will get the right advice - and have a wonderful cruise.Sorry to confuse further.

Thank you pointing it out -I had been so busy checking the visa details for my upcoming cruise I posted the wrong info here.

I am sure the op will get the right advice - and have a wonderful cruise.Sorry to confuse further.

and after apologising I forgot to post the info I had from the Embassy websites and http://www.gov.uk!

Thailand -since 20 December 2013,Nationals of (G7) the following countries who enter via a land crossing or enter via an airport will be entitled to a 30 day visa exemption , UK, U.S.A, Canada, Italy, Germany, Japan, France

Indonesia -You don’t need a visa to enter Indonesia for visits of up to 30 days

Thailand -since 20 December 2013,Nationals of (G7) the following countries who enter via a land crossing or enter via an airport

That language is a little confusing for cruisers :p Other language on the Thai website doesn't specify "land or airport".(I know that's the website language, not yours -I just wish they'd be consistent) Many other countries than the G7 are eligible for 30 day tourist visa exemption:

http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/filemanager/VISA/Visa%20on%20Arrival/VOA_%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%8210-02-59.pdf