Airfare for Navigator Cruise

I have friends going on the NV next April, Easter week. They may cancel as right now flights from NY to FLL for that time period are $1000 per person

I'm not sure that is correct. I've been tracking flights from the 3 metro airports for the past 3 weeks and haven't seen fares that high. I've just looked up Easter week, flying out of JFK on Jet Blue and coming back on Delta for a little over $340 per. I used Orbitz to get this info.

Is $420 round trip per person from Cleveland to Ft. Lauderdale ( Miami Cruise Port ) for our cruise in April 2017 too much or is this a good price? Should we wait to book airfare 3 months out.

Thanks for all advice.

We are on the same cruise --- there is a very active meet & mingle going - stop by and join the fun. Hotels are very high for that time period too, and one poster has gotten a group pricing at Holiday Inn for a decent price.

We have been checking pricing for airfares ... this is spring vacation for the Northeast and everyone wants to get away from winter and down to Florida. We thought about flying from Portland, ME as we could go SW, but the cost was going to be $1,000 per person ... in Bangor to go AA would "only" be about $800 each. How I would love to have airfare be only $420!!!! Jan

I found this on Kayak.com's website:

For general year round travel, the lowest average domestic airfares are found 21 days prior to departure while international airfares are at their lowest point 34 days out. Here are some additional travel secrets:

Don’t book too early: the average domestic fare found six months before a departure date was 19% higher than the 21 days out low.

Travelers planning a weeklong domestic trip should depart on a Saturday and return on Monday to score the cheapest airfare (roughly 16% lower than average).

For international weeklong trips, we recommend departing on a Tuesday and returning on Wednesday to save some $$. These flights were 21% lower than the average.

Our flight for IAH next July we will actually leave on June 30th, rent a car and travel down as far as Nasa Space Center, Tour the Center then drive into Galveston on July 1st, 2017. I need to buy are flights before 22 days out as I have flights to Copenhagen 22 days later or August 23rd of 2017 with a return from Boston on Sept 10th I also need to buy. In other words 3 different flights.

We are on April 14th cruise. Looked at Southwest Denver to FLL $649 for 2 of us. Got busy could not book till I got home. Fare going dropped $50 each going to FLL. What a wonderful surprise! $549 for 2 of us! Got our hotel in FLL and taking a shuttle in the AM. Miss the crowds at the Miami hotels :)

Edited by Navymom2x

I'm not sure that is correct. I've been tracking flights from the 3 metro airports for the past 3 weeks and haven't seen fares that high. I've just looked up Easter week, flying out of JFK on Jet Blue and coming back on Delta for a little over $340 per. I used Orbitz to get this info.

Thanks I will have them check that out.