Dawn- Cagney's

MyTimetoShine

This is the menu of the Cagney's on Norwegian Escape I found online but I'm assuming the menu is the same for all of the Cagney's restaurants. I don't think the menu copied very clearly so you may need to just put the words Norwegian Dawn menus into your Google search and you will see the site.

1470370769132.jpg.0d0f8017a67468520e9558a51513790a.jpg

Edited by Jana60

I've been on 4 different NCL ships and the Cagneys menu is essentially the same on each one. I've eaten there at least 10 times and have never had a bad meal.

[/url]

Cagney's compared very favorably to some land based steak & seafood houses costing 2-3x more.

We were there using 2 out of our 3 not really free specialty dining perk last week.

I would say that the entrees were spectacular & the sides were not as memorable but were right sized compared to land based S&S restaurant sides.

We love Cagneys! We usually eat there 2-3 times per cruise. Our favorite thing to do is snag an outside table just after leaving St Thomas. We do the sail away from our table. Its so beautiful! If you do this on a winter cruise you will also have sunset with your desert!

I am wondering if they have taken the lobster away from the surf and turf at Cagneys? Will be in The Haven in a few weeks and were really looking forward to Lobster. I have heard its gone from The Haven but hoping to catch it in Cagneys. I am hoping someone on board in the next few weeks can let me know :-) Thanks in advance!!

We love Cagneys! We usually eat there 2-3 times per cruise. Our favorite thing to do is snag an outside table just after leaving St Thomas. We do the sail away from our table. Its so beautiful! If you do this on a winter cruise you will also have sunset with your desert!

I am wondering if they have taken the lobster away from the surf and turf at Cagneys? Will be in The Haven in a few weeks and were really looking forward to Lobster. I have heard its gone from The Haven but hoping to catch it in Cagneys. I am hoping someone on board in the next few weeks can let me know :-) Thanks in advance!!

Unless the change took place in the past 3 weeks your information about the Haven is incorrect. I ate whole Maine Lobster 3x on our cruise in July.

The tomahawk ribeye with the compound butter is great! [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ohhh, that sounds simply amazing! I didn't see it on the menu listed, but it would be awesome if the Dawn had it when we sailed :)

Unless the change took place in the past 3 weeks your information about the Haven is incorrect. I ate whole Maine Lobster 3x on our cruise in July.

The information about no lobster in the Haven was provided by a long term poster who is on the ship this week. Sorry I can't find the post to link.

Ohhh, that sounds simply amazing! I didn't see it on the menu listed, but it would be awesome if the Dawn had it when we sailed :)

We were on the Dawn in April and we went to Cagney's twice and had it both times....

Yum

293e7cd208dabfa770a3ac49d1331b85_thumb.jpg

Stupid question, can men wear cargo shorts and "nice" shirts? My husband is a Harley-Davidson t-shirt kinda fella, but him and our sons have some"plain" shirts. I read shorts are NOT really the way to go, but I want to know what people the REALLY go there wear!! I want a GREAT steak!!!!!

I believe the recommendation is no shorts but that is not to say people don't wear shorts and I think it would be unlikely that they would deny you access wearing shorts. The first and last nights appear more lenient as well because people haven't always received their luggage on night 1 and are packing up on the last night.

Edited by Luvmypups

Stupid question, can men wear cargo shorts and "nice" shirts? My husband is a Harley-Davidson t-shirt kinda fella, but him and our sons have some"plain" shirts. I read shorts are NOT really the way to go, but I want to know what people the REALLY go there wear!! I want a GREAT steak!!!!!

Shorts are "allowed".

Most people wear long pants. But it is not required.

I've seen everything from jogging suits to shorts and t-shirts to shorts and nice shirts to long pants and shirts to sports coat and pants to suits in Cagney's. Tell you husband to wear what he feels comfortable wearing.