24 hours...WWYD?

flyboyswife

What would you do? We'll be on RC Grandeur of the Sea next month. Ship arrives in Kings Wharf at approximately 2pm on day one and then leaves about 24 hours later. So, it will likely be 3pm before we get off the ship the first day, and we'll need to be back on board around 2pm the next day.

Traveling with my husband and 9yo daughter (so shopping is not an option for me!). Has anyone had a similar short visit? If so, what did you do while in port? Was thinking perhaps we could rent a boat or jet skis in the afternoon of day one (4pm-7pm), and then do Horeshoe Bay the morning of the second day (10am-1pm). Thoughts?

I'm worried Horeshoe Bay will be super crowded, but I think I need easy in light of the time constraints and that beach seems super easy to get to on the bus. I also want a beach with chairs/umbrellas. Open to other suggestions.

You have more time then I did on the Splendor July 2014. We were supposed to go to Canada and so did Hurricane Arthur so we went to Bermuda and were there from 9a to 5p.

I would not be scared of Horseshoe on the first or last day, it is quick with the mini-vans. Time stinks to do St. George but you could do the caves. 2nd day you could do an excursion from the companies at dockyard they will get back before the ship sales.

Others should chime in, you have way more time then I did in 2014!! ;)

What would you do? We'll be on RC Grandeur of the Sea next month. Ship arrives in Kings Wharf at approximately 2pm on day one and then leaves about 24 hours later. So, it will likely be 3pm before we get off the ship the first day, and we'll need to be back on board around 2pm the next day.

Traveling with my husband and 9yo daughter (so shopping is not an option for me!). Has anyone had a similar short visit? If so, what did you do while in port? Was thinking perhaps we could rent a boat or jet skis in the afternoon of day one (4pm-7pm), and then do Horeshoe Bay the morning of the second day (10am-1pm). Thoughts?

I'm worried Horeshoe Bay will be super crowded, but I think I need easy in light of the time constraints and that beach seems super easy to get to on the bus. I also want a beach with chairs/umbrellas. Open to other suggestions.

I think your plan is good. You are not overdoing it. I would suggest taking the minibus to Horseshoe. You are visiting on a Saturday & Sunday which has reduced schedule for public transportation.

I've checked the cruise ship schedule and you'll be alone on Saturday, and on Sunday, the Dawn arrives at 12:30PM. By that time, you'll be almost ready to return to the Dockyard.

SBtS

and then do Horeshoe Bay the morning of the second day (10am-1pm). Thoughts?

Take the minibus shuttle. Don't take the public bus. I suggest leaving 8:30 or 9:00. It won't be super crowded your day considering shops in port.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on Grandeur at the end of August. I will do Elbow beach day 1 and Horseshoe on Day 2.

I love Tobacco Bay but with the schedule for this ship I will have to miss it this year.

But Elbow and Horseshoe are so similar andTobacco Bay is so different.;):)

• 3 weeks later...

We did make it to Tobacco Bay and Horseshoe Bay. We got off Grandeur of the Seas around 1:30 and got the 2:00 ferry to St George. took the 5:30 ferry back to the dockyard. The cafe at Tobacco Bay was out of the Wahoo nuggets. That was the only disappointment of the trip. The Wahoo nuggets is my most favorite at Tobacco Bay. The pina coladas are my second favorite. So glad I able to get to Tobacco Bay on this trip.

Went to horseshoe bay on the second day. The waves were a bit rough but overall it was nice.