Price Gone Down Question

kqcallahan

So I booked our April 2017 cruise back in March. Well the price now is 150 bucks less for same category. I know it's not much but well every penny helps. I have only dealt with Holland for this type of thing. Is Celebrity receptive to calling up and letting them know and them changing the price? Or do I need to cancel and rebook.

btw it is the same perks so no losing or gaining of that!

So I booked our April 2017 cruise back in March. Well the price now is 150 bucks less for same category. I know it's not much but well every penny helps. I have only dealt with Holland for this type of thing. Is Celebrity receptive to calling up and letting them know and them changing the price? Or do I need to cancel and rebook.

btw it is the same perks so no losing or gaining of that!

Everyone I have dealt with has been great with this, they check the price and confirm and then just reprice your cruise and send you the new invoice showing the new amount (I have done it many times and never lost my room and didn't have to cancel and rebook, etc.). IF you have cruised on celebrity before, I recommend calling Captain's club, I have had better luck with them in the past (being very nice and helpful). Oh, to be clear, this only works if you booked directly, if you booked with a TA you need to call them of course.

Tried the Captains club. Lady was very helpful and nice. At first she said I must be looking at a resident price, but I explained to her and she fixed it up. She fixed the price and also helped with a few more things. Awesome suggestion AlbertaCruisers Thanks!!

We booked in April for Bermuda cruise in late August. Saw the price went down and had TA call. He said they would not give a refund but would upgrade us from to balcony. No money saved but I guess I feel better.

Another question just wondering if you already booked a cruise paid deposit and prior to final payment. Then Celebrity comes out with more perks than what we got originally but base price pp cost went up,can we call our rep and ask to receive the classic to premium that are offering? Or would they expect us to rebook? I won't rebook but wondering if it is worth the call to see if they would give us the perk from classic to premium.

Just curious. Thanks for the help!

Another question just wondering if you already booked a cruise paid deposit and prior to final payment. Then Celebrity comes out with more perks than what we got originally but base price pp cost went up,can we call our rep and ask to receive the classic to premium that are offering? Or would they expect us to rebook? I won't rebook but wondering if it is worth the call to see if they would give us the perk from classic to premium.

Yes, you'd need to rebook to get current perks, paying today's price.

I was able to call recently and get swapped up from two perks to four perks without losing an assigned guarantee room, but we are being charged the price difference between the guarantee rate we booked and the current rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked in April for Bermuda cruise in late August. Saw the price went down and had TA call. He said they would not give a refund but would upgrade us from to balcony. No money saved but I guess I feel better.

My comments above only work if you are before the final payment date, i.e. You could cancel without penalty and rebook. If you are after final, yes, usually all they can do is upgrade you.

We have a 12 night Western Med cruise coming up in a few weeks. About 3 weeks after final payment the price dropped big time. Since we booked with one of big online TAs I contacted them and asked for some help. First reply was "sorry....blah blah blah". I wrote a second email that was a bit firmer, pointing out that the Alaska cruise we just finished did the same thing and we did not push it, that we have booked 5 or 6 cruises with them in the past, including some with multi cabins, and the reality that I have no qualms about booking with another agent or direct with Celebrity. I got a different response. "yes we understand your complaint and will pass it up to management". The next day we got a phone call offering to move us from 1A to A1. I asked about our friends who has also booked at the same time and had the 1A next to us and it was done. 2 A1 cabins a few doors apart...so if you ask firmly but nicely you can get things done even after final payment

Always call if you see that a price drop will benefit you. In the grand scheme of things 150.00 isn't that much, but it's 150.00 that you can spend on something else. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

We have done this several times. You just have to be careful about losing perks. Since we don't drink much, the OBC us non-refundable and we have Elite Internet, perks are less valuable than the upgraded cabin.

I was able to call recently and get swapped up from two perks to four perks without losing an assigned guarantee room, but we are being charged the price difference between the guarantee rate we booked and the current rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I also swapped from a senior rate to the go best package (4 perks) but with the perks we crunched the numbers and came out ahead because DH was planning on getting the premium beverage package anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums