Chankanaab Shore Snorkel and Sea Lion Show

marianoam

Going in March, and I decided to try snorkeling and beach time at Chankanaab.

I was doing the math, and if I go on my own (party of 2) we'll be spending: $12 (taxi plus tip) + $38 (2 admissions with discount) + $30 (snorkeling gear for 2) + $12 (taxi plus tip) = $92 ($46 pp).

The excursion "Chankanaab Shore Snorkel and Sea Lion Show - CZT4" from RCCL is $54 pp (just $8 more pp).

Should I go on my own? Or stick to RCCL ("official" excursion, no risk of missing the ship, etc.)

Maybe on my own I can stay longer, I guess...

What do you think? Thanks.

We were in Cozumel two weeks ago and went to Chankanaab on our own. We were at the downtown pier. Took a taxi (there were 7 of us) and got to the park early and had our choice of where to sit. Initially chose tables/chairs outside of the buffet.

Consider going on Cozumelinsider.com. They have a coupon for park entry. The buffet was $15.00 and I thought was a total waste of money. Junky food like odd looking hamburgers, fries, hot dogs etc. I was hoping for real Mexican food. They have another open air restaurant I would try.

We had dolphin excursion reservations that began at 9AM. Groups at that hour were 4-5.

When the ship tous arrived, it was a deluge of so many I wondered where they would all fit. They also had swimming with sea creature appointments, but now the groups were 15+.

So, I would go to this park on my own. You can get there early, have lots of places to visit and leave when you want.

Just my opinion.

We were in Cozumel two weeks ago and went to Chankanaab on our own. We were at the downtown pier. Took a taxi (there were 7 of us) and got to the park early and had our choice of where to sit. Initially chose tables/chairs outside of the buffet.

Consider going on Cozumelinsider.com. They have a coupon for park entry. The buffet was $15.00 and I thought was a total waste of money. Junky food like odd looking hamburgers, fries, hot dogs etc. I was hoping for real Mexican food. They have another open air restaurant I would try.

We had dolphin excursion reservations that began at 9AM. Groups at that hour were 4-5.

When the ship tous arrived, it was a deluge of so many I wondered where they would all fit. They also had swimming with sea creature appointments, but now the groups were 15+.

So, I would go to this park on my own. You can get there early, have lots of places to visit and leave when you want.

Just my opinion.

Thank you!