The Crew Bar

Canadian_J

Wondering if anyone has info on what used to be The Crew Bar? I know it had closed, and when we were in GT in January we saw work going on with the bar and its pool. Was told there is a new owner and they're re-doing everything. Curious about the details, but can't find anything online. Thanks in advance!

Wondering if anyone has info on what used to be The Crew Bar? I know it had closed, and when we were in GT in January we saw work going on with the bar and its pool. Was told there is a new owner and they're re-doing everything. Curious about the details, but can't find anything online. Thanks in advance!

This is great news! We LOVE the Crew Bar but last time we were there (Sept. 15) they were closed! We will be there next month again and I will check it out!

This is great news! We LOVE the Crew Bar but last time we were there (Sept. 15) they were closed! We will be there next month again and I will check it out!

Please keep us posted :) it looked like quite extensive work when we were there in January. Eager to hear how it turned out! Enjoy!

Please keep us posted :) it looked like quite extensive work when we were there in January. Eager to hear how it turned out! Enjoy!

Canadian J....its Franny here. I'm in Grand Turks in 2 weeks. I will check it out for you since I'm so done with Jacks and Margaritaville. We are planning on one of the local bars along the beach to stop for some beeyahs. I hope its open for us.

Canadian J....its Franny here. I'm in Grand Turks in 2 weeks. I will check it out for you since I'm so done with Jacks and Margaritaville. We are planning on one of the local bars along the beach to stop for some beeyahs. I hope its open for us.

Hey Franny! That's great :) have a fabulous cruise and enjoy a beeyah for me!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Franny! Welcome back :) hope you had another fabulous sailing! Did you get a chance to check this area out in Turks? Eager to hear!

Was this place located at a hotel or resort?

Was this place located at a hotel or resort?

It is adjacent to one of the small hotels (can't recall the name), but the info I got in January is that the new owners are going to be running it completely separate from the hotel. Got word from Franny that as of last week, it was still not yet re-opened. I'll keep being patient until November!

It is adjacent to one of the small hotels (can't recall the name), but the info I got in January is that the new owners are going to be running it completely separate from the hotel. Got word from Franny that as of last week, it was still not yet re-opened. I'll keep being patient until November!

Thanks J. I think it might have been the White Sands Resort. Small condo place. I'll have to check it out next time. Have to go to the Caicos for work soon, maybe I can get over to GT one afternoon.

Cranny, can I ask, why are you done with Jack's?

Thanks J. I think it might have been the White Sands Resort. Small condo place. I'll have to check it out next time. Have to go to the Caicos for work soon, maybe I can get over to GT one afternoon.

The name sounds familiar, I think you're right about that!

White Sands is/was the name of the resort near MV.

As for some people being "done" with Jack's, IMO, they are getting more crowded. Drink/beer prices tend to be closer in line with MV than other places along the stretch inbetween. And the service, possibly due to the increase in patrons, is less friendly and slower than it used to be. That said, it's still a consistent place to go and Topher (sic) still rules the beach.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone seen any activity at the former Crew Bar at the White Sands resort? We're back in GT in two weeks and have our fingers crossed that it may be re-opened finally, very eager to see what they do with it!

You're the explorer... come back and tell us!!:D

You're the explorer... come back and tell us!!:D

Definitely will :) hope to have good news! As of January there was quite a bit of work going on. Some workers told us that it's been purchased and will be run separate to the hotel. They were putting in a DJ booth and completely upgrading the pool and bar.

Has anyone seen any activity at the former Crew Bar at the White Sands resort? We're back in GT in two weeks and have our fingers crossed that it may be re-opened finally, very eager to see what they do with it!

I meant to check on that place when I was in GT about a month ago, darnit. The closest I got to it was snorkeling out by the line toward the end of the Margaritaville area.