Liberty of the Seas Flowrider Schedule

I did a search but could not find a thread specific to the Liberty. Does anyone know the current Flowrider schedule for advanced and stand up? Also, do they let you do stand up on the first day or just boogie boarding?

Thanks in advance :D

Edna, you sail in 6 weeks!!!!!!

I'm so excited for you. With Jason heading off to college in 2 weeks, and Kyle starting HS next month, I just have not been able to put something together. It's looking more and more like either next spring or next August. I can't believe I have to wait that long!

I'll live vicariously through you!

Edna, you sail in 6 weeks!!!!!!

I'm so excited for you. With Jason heading off to college in 2 weeks, and Kyle starting HS next month, I just have not been able to put something together. It's looking more and more like either next spring or next August. I can't believe I have to wait that long!

I'll live vicariously through you!

HEY :) WOW, college already? You will have to let us know what ship you might be thinking about. Friends of ours have already booked the Adventure for May 20th out of San Juan and they are putting a Flowrider on her in October/November this year :) I have never done a Southern itinerary, that might be fun.

Frank's boards are AMAZING. They ride SO much better than any board I have tried before and he even makes some short ones that are so much fun to ride and so easy to do hard carving.

I'll be sure to send pictures from the cruise. We are really looking forward to it and who knows, Frank may be bringing home the gold on this cruise :D

The schedule for LB will vary by itinerary. It will be posted in your daily Compass. If I remember correctly a month ago on the Roatan schedule it was just boogie boarding first day. I could certainly be wrong tho'.

HEY :) WOW, college already? You will have to let us know what ship you might be thinking about. Friends of ours have already booked the Adventure for May 20th out of San Juan and they are putting a Flowrider on her in October/November this year :) I have never done a Southern itinerary, that might be fun.

Frank's boards are AMAZING. They ride SO much better than any board I have tried before and he even makes some short ones that are so much fun to ride and so easy to do hard carving.

I'll be sure to send pictures from the cruise. We are really looking forward to it and who knows, Frank may be bringing home the gold on this cruise :D

That's AWESOME! I think we're going to try something for next August. Jason will be home working for the summer and Kyle will have a break between soccer tournaments and tryouts (he'll be going into sophomore year but they try out for the team each year) so they seem to give the HS students the first and second week of August off (I'm thinking next year, the week of July 31 and August 7th) so I think we'll try something over that time frame.

It's hard because the boys only want ships with Flowriders so that limits us to a certain group. If they are adding a Flowrider to the Adventure, that makes it a definite contender. I'd love to do the southern route; airfare has been high so that's a big deterrent as well.

Can't wait to see pictures. Love to Frank!

I was waiting to see if someone who has been on more recently responded, but since no takers I'll chime in. I was on Liberty at the end of March/beginning of April on the Roatan route. The first day was boogie board only. On sea days it was 2 hours of stand-up starting at 9:00 with the first 30 minutes being advanced, 4 hours of Boogie, then 2 hours of stand-up. Port days they did the morning and afternoon stand up/boogie board sessions. On the Roatan port day they held a teen stand-up session in the morning which cut into the regular session. Bad for me, but my 13 YO loved having the Flowrider almost to himself for an hour while I had to sit and watch.

We talked to the Sports Deck manager quite a bit, and he told us fairly early in the cruise that they were not going to do BOTB, but they held an evening advanced session from 7-8 on Cozumel day to make it up to us. That paid off big-time since it was so windy the last day that they had to close the Flowrider anyway. Riding the Flowrider at night with all the lights from the waterslides was awesome.

045ad0151807354f170be109435a0c2e.jpg

On the Roatan port day they held a teen stand-up session in the morning which cut into the regular session. Bad for me, but my 13 YO loved having the Flowrider almost to himself for an hour while I had to sit and watch.

Did the teen early morning session not get a great turnout? My boys are known to get up and be on line for early morning advanced every day they have it. I can guarantee mine would have been right there with yours that morning. My older one loves when they have a sparse turnout.

I'm fine sitting and watching...this 50+ yo mom is NEVER getting on that flowboard. My job is cheering and taking pictures.

Edited by njmomof2

Hi Edna,

Hopefully when you are on the Liberty they still have the advanced stand up sessions in place. It seems that they are trying to scale them back first by 1/2 hour. When they moved the Navigator to Fort Lauderdale they did not add the advanced sessions which was disapointing. They stated that when the ship was leaving from Galveston that it rarely had any who were advanced so they discontinued it. That was last December when we were on it and we still enjoyed it even without the extra time. With any luck hopefully someone can post the compass for you so you will know. We have been watching to see how the prices and itineraries look for the Liberty next year maybe.

Currently we are booked to cruise on the navigator for 4 more cruises because we enjoyed the ship so much and had the best sports crew ever:). The wave on that ship is one of the best I have ridden as well.

Maybe someday we hope to cruise with you guys again.

Did the teen early morning session not get a great turnout? My boys are known to get up and be on line for early morning advanced every day they have it. I can guarantee mine would have been right there with yours that morning. My older one loves when they have a sparse turnout.

I'm fine sitting and watching...this 50+ yo mom is NEVER getting on that flowboard. My job is cheering and taking pictures.

If I remember correctly the Teen hour was after an hour of open standup, so by that time most people were already headed off the ship. A couple of other teens showed up, did a ride or two, then left. I thought it wasn't a very good time to do it if they wanted any turnout. The Teen sessions were held at night on all the other cruises I've been on.

They stated that when the ship was leaving from Galveston that it rarely had any who were advanced so they discontinued it.

They didn't do advanced sessions the two times I cruised Nav out of Galveston either. I won't be surprised if it is gone on all single Flowrider ships before too long.

I do agree that the Nav is just about the best wave around.

I did a search but could not find a thread specific to the Liberty. Does anyone know the current Flowrider schedule for advanced and stand up? Also, do they let you do stand up on the first day or just boogie boarding?

Thanks in advance :D

We will be on the liberty with you next month. The schedule varies a little bit each day but Mil76 has the gist of it. I'll be there for all the stand up sessions.