Infinity Alaska - Departure Day with Toddler

clf0309

First cruise on Celebrity in 6 days!

Very excited!

5 travelers: husband, myself, son, daughter-in-law and 3 year old, Henry.

We want to allow Henry some time to explore onboard before we depart.

We aren't in suites , just adjoining balcony rooms, so will be in regular lines for boarding. Thinking of getting to Canada Place from our Best Western Uptown hotel at 11:00.

Our current concern is whether we will be able to get the little guy some lunch once boarded. Will there be food available once we board? Buffet? Are the cafes/restaurants serving before we sail?

Don't want to make assumptions here and start the trip with a hungry little Henry!

Thanks in advance for any info!

(Also would love any ideas for how to make the most when onboard this ship with a little one considering we are new to Celebrity!)

C

Yes, there are several venues open to you to eat. The easiest would be the big buffet area. There is also a small venue above the pool deck that serves burgers, hot dogs and fries. The burgers are great. I always get my burger without bun and add their caramelized onions and then grab some guacamole from inside the buffet.

You can also get something from the Aqua Spa Cafe. That's open to everyone. The name Aqua confused people who sometimes think it's just for people in Aqua Class rooms.

Your main dining room will not be open for lunch when you get on board but on sea days it will be open for all three meals.

I suggest you get on board earlier rather than later, and head up to the buffet before it gets too crowded. We never eat there, but we don't travel with small kids either. Have a great cruise and don't worry about the food. The staff will make sure Henry has a wonderful time!!!! Get him looking for whales and bears and he'll have great memories.

The buffet should be open by the time you get on the ship & will get very crowded fast.

You will not have access to your cabins until about 1:30, so you will have all of the items (backpacks, purses, carry on luggage) you carry on the ship with you until then.

Also, get on your Roll Call (see above) here to chat with others on your exact same sailing. It's kind of late to arrange things together, but maybe you can read through and see who else is bringing a toddler.

Thanks so much jelayne and Claudia for the quick replies.

We will do as advised and try to get on as soon as possible and get situated to get to the buffet, knowing we will be keeping our carry-on's in tow until mid-afternoon. Burgers sounds like a great fit as well for my low-carb family!

We have had very few hits on our roll call so far but have found great excursions, we hope.

Henry is very social (and potty-trained) so we are thinking he is going to be interested in the kids program on board but we've never tried anything like that on cruises before so will be a new adventure.

Thanks again!

C

Thanks so much jelayne and Claudia for the quick replies.

We will do as advised and try to get on as soon as possible and get situated to get to the buffet, knowing we will be keeping our carry-on's in tow until mid-afternoon. Burgers sounds like a great fit as well for my low-carb family!

We have had very few hits on our roll call so far but have found great excursions, we hope.

Henry is very social (and potty-trained) so we are thinking he is going to be interested in the kids program on board but we've never tried anything like that on cruises before so will be a new adventure.

Thanks again!

C

Very occasionally cruises do board late, for example, if there is need for a deep clean owing to a Noro outbreak. X usually does try to contact you and let you know but I would put a pack of biscuits and a drink for Henry in the hand luggage just in case! Stroller is great to keep with you for the hand luggage even if Henry chooses not to travel in it!

Have a great family cruse!

Please eat a big/late breakfast or lunch before going to Canada Place.

If there is a delay, you'll be glad you did.

I had a cruise in May...got to the terminal at 12 pm & finally boarded the ship at 3:30 pm !!!

Thanks Chemmo and April,

We checked and their is a grocery across from our hotel so I'll suggest they have a supply of 'just in case' snacks for Henry and Grandpa, both of whom would start getting fussy if we have to wait more than a few hours to board!

Appreciate all the quick and helpful comments on this forum!

C