Good hotel for family of 5 for 2 nights precruise

banshee72

Bringing our boys on their first cruise and looking at spending two nights, prior to the cruise, in for Lauderdale. Would like it to be within a few blocks of the beach and also close to the water taxi if possible. Hoping to keep it around 300.00 a night which is a bit of a challenge w 5 people. Any suggestions?

Bringing our boys on their first cruise and looking at spending two nights, prior to the cruise, in for Lauderdale. Would like it to be within a few blocks of the beach and also close to the water taxi if possible. Hoping to keep it around 300.00 a night which is a bit of a challenge w 5 people. Any suggestions?

You don't say when you are traveling but check out the Gallery One (Doubletree). They are a full suite hotel right on the intracoastal (with its own water taxi stop) and just a couple of blocks from the beach.

Edited by capriccio

I booked the Hyatt Place Convention Center for 2 adults and 3 kids. They have larger rooms that sleep that many. I forget the exact sleeping arrangements though. It was < $200 a night.

Not within walking distance to beaches though from what I see. We will Uber/Taxi to a local beach (we are there 2 nights pre-cruise).

Edited by mattg43

Gallery One is the best big-suite hotel near the beach. If you can't get in there, maybe you can find 2 rooms somewhere that's not too expensive, like Best Western Oceanside or Bahia Mar.

I forgot to mention that there is a water taxi stop at Gallery One and one about a block south of Bahia Mar.