Port trips

We will dock at Bar Harbor on our Anthem cruise in August. We want to go see Arcadia park (I think that is how you spell it) but really don't want the expense or structure of a tour. I heard there might possibly be public transportation we could take.is this true,what is the cost,and is it close enough to have enough time to get there,look around and still catch transportation back without missing the ship? Any help would be appreciated.

We will dock at Bar Harbor on our Anthem cruise in August. We want to go see Arcadia park (I think that is how you spell it) but really don't want the expense or structure of a tour. I heard there might possibly be public transportation we could take.is this true,what is the cost,and is it close enough to have enough time to get there,look around and still catch transportation back without missing the ship? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, you can certainly do that if you want. Just make sure you get back to the ship before it leaves. No clue on the cost of public transportation as I've never been there; you might be able to Google that...

To get the free bus, when you come off tender go straight up street in front about 4 blocks to Village Green on right. There will be several buses there. Tell a driver where you want to go, he will show you which bus to take. We took a bus over to visitors center, looked around, got a map, then took a bus to Park. You can hop on & off as much as you want. Usually it is about 20 minutes between buses at the different stops.

The bus is free, but there are tip jars for the driver. ;)

You can also get off the tender, exit to the street, turn right and go about 15 yards to Ollie's Trollies. They have trips to the park very frequently, and the cost is minimal. Takes less than one hour if remember correctly.

You can also get off the tender, exit to the street, turn right and go about 15 yards to Ollie's Trollies. They have trips to the park very frequently, and the cost is minimal. Takes less than one hour if remember correctly.

I very strongly second the recommendation of going on an Oli's Trolley tour.

https://olistrolley.com/

Last year we were the last cruise and the trolley had stopped for the season the week before. We took a taxi to Jordan Pond and ate at the wonderful restaurant. A member of our party had a national park pass for we didn't have that expense. It is a beautiful area, have fun.

The name of the park is Acadia ... it is a beautiful area hope you have a wonderful day! Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

We are also going to Bar Harbor on our Anthem cruise in August. I was very interested in this thread because I didn't have anything planned since we were there several years ago. Is your cruise leaving on August 31? If so, make sure you join the roll call & M & M.

Thanks for the info on Oli's Trolley. I think I might book that.