Upsell Timing Question

Stace894

Ok, 3 days before sailing and the verdict is...........UPSELL!

I have been calling since last Friday daily and each time was told, "Nothing available yet but please feel free to keep calling". I called this morning and was told nothing now, but you can try this afternoon or tomorrow.

Called at 2pm and again was told "nothing listed" but let me talk to someone.......... I hold and they come back with a Mid-Ship Mini Suite for $100pp - $300 total. I originally had an inside. I jumped on it. By the deckplans it looks like its under the Garden Cafe, but reviews states possible the Pool Deck. I don't care either way. Can always use earplugs and my DH and DS sleep like rocks anyways.

I am SOOOO happy and can't wait to surprise them on Friday when we board. Thanks to those who have been following and good luck to those who are trying for the same thing.

Happy Cruising!

Ok,,, a question for those who have done Upsells before. I called yesterday for an upsell for my 8/19 cruise. They didn't have anything available at that time but said call back 1 wk before. One week is actually this Friday, but in reading these threads it seems like most people call on Monday for a Friday sailing for availability. Any input or thoughts?

Were you ever able to upsell?

The sweet spot for Haven upgrades seems to be about 3-4 weeks out. I upgraded from Mini Suite to Haven Spa Suite at 24 days out. No experiences in upgrading to non Haven rooms though.

I have 3 spa mini suites now and want to try for a Haven upgrades for all 3 cabins on our November sailing. How much did you pay for your upgrade? Thanks in advance.

......... I hold and they come back with a Mid-Ship Mini Suite for $100pp - $300 total. I originally had an inside.

That's a great deal! The MS will be a nice size for three of you.

Congratulations and have a fantastic cruise:D

I have been calling since last Friday daily and each time was told, "Nothing available yet but please feel free to keep calling". I called this morning and was told nothing now, but you can try this afternoon or tomorrow.

Called at 2pm and again was told "nothing listed" but let me talk to someone.......... I hold and they come back with a Mid-Ship Mini Suite for $100pp - $300 total. I originally had an inside. I jumped on it. By the deckplans it looks like its under the Garden Cafe, but reviews states possible the Pool Deck. I don't care either way. Can always use earplugs and my DH and DS sleep like rocks anyways.

I am SOOOO happy and can't wait to surprise them on Friday when we board. Thanks to those who have been following and good luck to those who are trying for the same thing.

Happy Cruising!

YIPPEE!! Congratulations!!

I have 3 spa mini suites now and want to try for a Haven upgrades for all 3 cabins on our November sailing. How much did you pay for your upgrade? Thanks in advance.

Going rates for the -away & Escape seem to start out at $1,000 pp to go to a Spa Haven Suite or Penthouse. The closer you get to sailing, the more flexible they'll be on price (if they have any left).

Going rates for the -away & Escape seem to start out at $1,000 pp to go to a Spa Haven Suite or Penthouse. The closer you get to sailing, the more flexible they'll be on price (if they have any left).

I paid $750 pp from Mini Suite to Haven Spa Suite.

Happy Cruising!

Great news. Have an awesome cruise.