In room safe on Conquest & more

wenocancer2

Will be going on the Conquest for the first time and I have a couple questions.

How do the in room safes work on that ship. Credit card? Keypad?

Are there robes in each room?

Are there refrigerators in each room? If so, can we put things in them? Or are they stocked?

Thanks!

The safe in the cabin works via a credit card. I wish they used the Sail & Sign card, but...

When we were on Conquest last October there were robes in the cabin.

Conquest is a good ship. She is older and you will see some wear and tear, but overall, she is in good shape. The crew is great. I expect you will enjoy your cruise!

Edited by cdavid46

I believe the safe was a card swipe variety.

Robes were in our ocean view room.

Room had fridge which was stocked. It is my understanding that you can ask steward to remove items so that you may use fridge for your own items.

Enjoy! We found the crew on the Conquest to be amazing. The best service we have ever had on a Carnival Cruise.

Just got off Conquest a week ago Saturday.

Safes - Credit Card (I actually used an old visa gift card that had been spent so no big deal if something happened to it)

We had robes in our Balcony cabin

Our mini-fridge was empty when we arrived and we put in the bottled water we pre-purchased for 4 bucks a 12-pack. It took a while but once they got cold they they got plenty cold. Couldn't fit the whole 12-pack in but once it had some cold bottles in there I think it held the temp down better and new bottles got cold faster. Or maybe that was in my head lol. Either way, I had plenty of cold water whenever I wanted. Would have been fine for beer too but I never held a beer long enough to need to put it in the fridge. Thems got drank. ;)

All the fridges in the staterooms are empty now. John Heald mention a while ago about this change. Guess the stewards were tired of having to empty out the minibars.

Sailed on the Conquest a month ago. Safes had card swipes (which I hate), and we did have robes in the cabin when we arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As others have said, the cabin safes are of the card swipe variety. We used an old, spent gift card then hid it in the cabin so any of us could get in the safe if need be.

Our interior cabin slept 4, but we only had 2 adults and a teenage. But there was only 2 robes. We didn't use them anyway, but if you run into this and need more, I'm sure your steward can take care of that.

We were on the Conquest in early June, so I guess the info about mini-fridges being empty is quite recent. Ours was full of Carnival drinks (not free) and our steward just told us to set them aside if we wanted to put our own drinks in there and he'd get them the next day. He never did come get their drinks, but that was ok, they weren't in the way.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got off Conquest a week ago Saturday.

Safes - Credit Card (I actually used an old visa gift card that had been spent so no big deal if something happened to it)

We had robes in our Balcony cabin

Our mini-fridge was empty when we arrived and we put in the bottled water we pre-purchased for 4 bucks a 12-pack. It took a while but once they got cold they they got plenty cold. Couldn't fit the whole 12-pack in but once it had some cold bottles in there I think it held the temp down better and new bottles got cold faster. Or maybe that was in my head lol. Either way, I had plenty of cold water whenever I wanted. Would have been fine for beer too but I never held a beer long enough to need to put it in the fridge. Thems got drank. ;)

Hi just saw this post and have question;

when you say you purchased a 12pk of water, where did you get it? In the dock area or sell it on the ship?Thanks

Pre purchase water thru the gift shop or order thru room service while on the ship.

I use an old AARP card for the safe. Old gift cards with zero balance are good to use too.

The safes are narrow and usually won't accomomdate a lap top.

Robes are usually on hangers in the closet.

I didn't know that the small coolers are now empty, thx for that tidbit.

Hi just saw this post and have question;

when you say you purchased a 12pk of water, where did you get it? In the dock area or sell it on the ship?Thanks

from Carnival site online. Since they don't let you bring your own bottles of water on-board any more (you can still bring cans or cartons and I have seen those of water) they dropped the price of a 12-pack of 16oz bottles to $3.99. You order them through the funshops on Carnival's site and they are in your room when you arrive. worth it to me not to have to carry 2 12 packs of water through boarding. leaves room for pineapple juice to mix with the rum I might buy lol.

You may have to log in to manage your cruise to see this link correctly: Bottled Water