Anyone used public transport recently Civvi port to Tarquinia

cshellz

I cant find any recent posts has anyone used public transport recently?

My questions are.

Where do I buy tickets for the bus? The info im looking at is a few years old and says that its no longer possible to either oay on the bus or buy tickets from the newstand. Is this still the case.

Any detail you can give regarding where the stop is situated, is it still facing the cathedral?

Any tips or info

Been looking at this for our Eclipse cruise stopping in Civitavecchia 10th Sept. Here's the map & timetable I found on Google maps. Can't tell when it was last updated I'm afraid..b472817676f0422996fd7310136165e8_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You don't need to go all the way to the Cathedral, the same bus stops closer to the new port entrance/exit.

The stop closest to where the port shuttle drops you off is on Via Aurelia (aka Via XVI Settembre), just north of the intersection of Via Raffaele Cadorna. You'll see a newsstand or shop between the shuttle bus drop off and the bus stop where you can purchase the bus ticket.

The new Cotral web site isn't a lot more user friendly than the old one but if the link works this is the current schedule for the bus you want: http://servizi.cotralspa.it/Orari

Okay, I see that the link doesn't bring you all the way to the schedule, you have to enter the data points yourself.

In the first box (partenza) enter Civitavecchia.

In the second box (arrivo) enter Tarquinia.

On the resulting page click the + sign next to "Partenza da Piazza Vittorio".

On the resulting page click the + sign next to "arriva a Barriera S.Giusto"

This brings up the schedule.

For most cruisers the 9:20 bus will be the first one they can make.

Alternately, if you'd prefer to use the route planner (calcola percorso e tariffe) use the following:

To: Barriera S.Giusto (Tarquinia)

... <<snip>>>

The stop closest to where the port shuttle drops you off is on Via Aurelia (aka Via XVI Settembre), just north of the intersection of Via Raffaele Cadorna. You'll see a newsstand or shop between the shuttle bus drop off and the bus stop where you can purchase the bus ticket.... <<<snip>>>>

Thank you so much for this information. I, too, am interested in this... I'm looking really closely on GoogleMap StreetView for that area. I'm afraid I cannot find any signage that shows a bus stop. I'm looking northbound, on the east side of the street. I see a large sign that shows directional arrows; a few blue signs for the B.L.F (gas station)... but nothing for a bus stop. Would you be able to shed any light on exactly where one would stand to ensure the Tarquinia-bound bus actually stops? Thanks!

If you start at the intersection, facing north, the BLF petroli sign is on the right. Just north of this, almost directly in front of the front door of the building on the corner, is a sign will a yellow post and a blue sign. That's the bus stop sign.

THANK you! Got it! That is exceedingly helpful. :-)

If you start at the intersection, facing north, the BLF petroli sign is on the right. Just north of this, almost directly in front of the front door of the building on the corner, is a sign will a yellow post and a blue sign. That's the bus stop sign.

Thank you so much