Champagne Fountain??

MarsMc888

Another poster mentioned something called a "Champagne Fountain" on Princess cruises, which I hadn't heard anyone else comment about.

Before I get all giddy, I must know - Is it true? Is it on all the Princess ships or just some? Does it run 24 hours a day? (hey - a girl can dream!)

This cruise thing just seems to get better and better...!! :D

-M

It is a Champagne Waterfall, not fountain as another poster said. On one of the formal nights, usually the last, the maitre d' and others make a large pyramid out of champange glasses. When it is complete, passengers take turns pouring champagne (really cheap stuff!) into the top glass and it fills all the othes glassses as it cascades down. Of course, the ship's photographers are there to capture the moment! Once everyone has had a chance, the waterfall is taken apart and consumed.

Thanks everyone!

I had visions of ever-flowing Veuve Cliquot in a silver 6ft fountain....

But I think the arrival of my docs today has me stuck in dream land! :p

-M

MarsMc888 clearly has never had the "pleasure" of drinking the champagne Princess uses in the fountain LOL

Somewhere between Veuve Cliquot and Ripple is Princess' champagne LOL Closer to the Ripple side ;)

I was just on the star princess three weeks ago, and I found out the crew refers to that cheap champagne as "I Can't Believe It's Not Dom!" lol..... hey, they give it out like crazy, you can't expect them to give out expensive stuff! But definately bring your own bottles onboard like we did...drink the good stuff first, then when your tastebuds are drunk, hop on over to the "Dom" lol...

IWe had more fun at the Champagne party. :D The music and dancing were great!

Here are a couple of photo's. The big disappoinment to me was that the chapagne never flowed down to all the glasses. The glasses are actually put on cardboard tiers, so there is no way that the champagne will flow to the next tier. See how it stays in the same top tier.f51ri0_th.jpgf51so1_th.jpgf51ugz_th.jpg

For me the champagne waterfall is an event I look forward to because it is the event where they serve chocolate covered strawberries. Forget about the champagne--bring on those chocolate covered strawberries!! :)

Now I don't know if they always do it or if it is on every ship, but we have been on Princess seven times on four different ships and each time chocolate covered strawberries are served at the champagne waterfall. I hope they keep up the tradition!! :)

We have enjoyed the Champagne Waterfall on every Princess cruise we have done. What it lacks in quality of champagne, it definitely makes up for in ambiance. The band is playing, passengers and staff are milling around and dancing, the staff is passing out glasses of chanpagne -- it's a lot of fun, really worth the effort to attend. The photo ops are great, too, both from the ship photographers and from your own camera.

Archived