Anthem/Internet

I have my husband, myself and my 11 yr old daughter going on the Anthem. What internet package would you recommend. I would need to get onto Youtube/netflix for my daughter (she has special needs and needs to be able to watch her shows on her ipad. I would also need to be able to keep in touch with my husband via text. What would you suggest?

I have my husband, myself and my 11 yr old daughter going on the Anthem. What internet package would you recommend. I would need to get onto Youtube/netflix for my daughter (she has special needs and needs to be able to watch her shows on her ipad. I would also need to be able to keep in touch with my husband via text. What would you suggest?

I'd get a 3-device surf & stream package.

Since your husband will be on board with you, download the Royal IQ app at home so you and your husband can communicate via text and phone calls once on board. In addition to the cost of an internet package, the on board communication package through the Royal IQ app will cost you and your husband an additional $7.95 pp, per sailing, in which you can both text and call each other while on board. Keep in mind that your phone will only vibrate when receiving incoming texts and phone calls from on board, so you will have to keep checking your phone for messages. You can even call your cabin or other cabins with your phone as part of the communication package.

Will all three of you be using the internet at the same time? If not, no need to purchase the 3-device surf and stream package. The Royal IQ communication package above is totally separate from the internet surf and stream package that you will need for your daughter to stream Netflix.

Keep in mind that your phone will only vibrate when receiving incoming texts and phone calls from on board, so you will have to keep checking your phone for messages.

I am using on board right now, and I get a notification and sound when texts arrive. My wife also gets a notification on her Apple Watch. One annoying thing with texting is that autocorrect doesn't work. My sisters phone doesn't seem to play a sound though. We have IPhone 6, she has and iPhone 5 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you can upgrade from basic internet to streaming once on the ship right?

I have no clue which i'm getting since i got it for free as part of the TA deal, but it was booked prior to them dividing up into two tiers. I've asked the TA, but they just said they passed the info to royal - as stated in my confirmation (which doesn't specify). If it ends up that its the basic, i'll want to pay the difference and get the streaming. I assume they'll take my money :)

ok .... so I am alittle confused on this royal IQ app.... so this works without your phone being on in regular mode? it wont recieve any regular tx messages and phone calls right ? to rack up a big phone bill like with emails etc. Do you put phone in airplane mode or what ....help me out here gang! this sounds really neat but need to understand so we wont get a hugh phone bill after the cruise from our phone company

ok .... so I am alittle confused on this royal IQ app.... so this works without your phone being on in regular mode? it wont recieve any regular tx messages and phone calls right ? to rack up a big phone bill like with emails etc. Do you put phone in airplane mode or what ....help me out here gang!

Put your phone in Airplane mode, then turn on WiFi only. Connect to ship's WiFi and you can use the Royal IQ app. Simple.

Thank you Biker19 .. thats great ! can keep in touch with other family members

Just remember that to use the texting option inside the Royal IQ app, everyone you want to communicate with has to obviously have the app but they also need to purchase the texting option at $8/device.