Name of excursion and where?

bucky0926

A friend of my husband was telling him about an excursion he went on in Alaska and said it was very good. But he didn't remember the name or even the port (or land portion) where he did it. You numerous Alaska cruisers (especially for 10 years plus) might remember it and at least know if it still exists.

He said he did some serious hiking up through a rain forest (climbing over rocks and logs-no smooth trail) for approx. 2 hours and then they got into rafts and came down. That's it. Anyone know where this would be and if it still exists. I am heading to Alaska on Monday (8/15) and am so excited. Not sure I would be able to book it now even if I knew the name and location but curious just the same. Thanks everyone

As a side note just wanted to say that I couldn't have made the plans I did for my 2 weeks through AK without all of your help. The ideas, dates, pros and cons of certain situations have been super helpful. Even little things like the princess train has you sitting facing both front and back and the Holland one does not have been helpful. I have been trolling the boards for a few months and really everyone has added to so many conversations in such a positive way. Thanks again

This is not it but one that you may want to consider also:

https://www.alaskaexcursions.com/glacier-safari-2/

Glacier Point Wilderness Safari in Skagway.

Yes I was interested in this but I wound up going with the Kroschel animal refuge in Haines. What scared me off of the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari was that many people noted the boots they provided were thin and they could feel the rocks through them. That was a turn off.