Ship Board Credit (SBC)

SC_GAY_Cruiser

HAL does not list separately where all the different shipboard credits come from -- just a lump sum.

Not only do they not list the different types of credits, but in my experience, the ship has absolutely no knowledge of where the credits came from. When I requested a definition of the credits, I was told "we need to contact Seattle to determine that information., it is not on the ship"

Scott & Karen

No -- HAL does not list separately where all the different shipboard credits come from -- just a lump sum.
Not only do they not list the different types of credits, but in my experience, the ship has absolutely no knowledge of where the credits came from. When I requested a definition of the credits, I was told "we need to contact Seattle to determine that information., it is not on the ship"
On a Nieuw A cruise we had $100 shown on the statement as "Promo Credits" and $100 shown as "Gift Orders Preliminary Manifest Shore Excursion Credit" from HAL-Barclay Visa card reward points, so they do have at least some knowledge of where credits come from on that ship.

Edited by jtl513

Yes I am booked but haven't made final payment yet. And I did my original booking from that big warehouse in Seattle and got a very good deal and some OBC from them as well as HAL.

And basically I know what I will be purchasing as far as liquor packages, premium restaurants and just want to budget and plan everything now as well as pay for it.

I see you're booked on the same cruise we are. I see HAL has now also included the Explore Four deal for that cruise. Just so you know, you can "rebook" a cruise that you haven't fully paid for yet to take advantage of the new sale offerings. However, when you rebook the cruise, you will be charged the new fare for your current cabin's category, so you should do the math first to see if it's worthwhile to rebook.

For us the price of our room's category has more than doubled since we booked it early last year when they first came out, so rebooking to get the Signature Beverage Package, Free Gratuities and $200 worth of Internet minutes, although a great deal, wouldn't be worth it. But depending on what you originally booked your room for versus what the current price is, you may want to check it out to see if it's worth having HAL rebook it with the Explore Four perks that now come with your room's category.

Also, if you're looking to cruise on more Carnival-owned cruise lines in the future, you may want to think about buying 100 shares of Carnival stock. You get free OBC (up to $200) on each future cruise you book. Here's the link that explains the details - http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Ken......I am in the same financial position that your in. I booked my Vista Suite in February and now that same cabin is twice the cost. In my case, twice is $2400. I find that quite incredible. The value of Explore 4 is in the $1800 range, so I would lose $600 on the deal.

I realized when I booked that it was a good deal.......I just didnt think it would a great deal like it appears to be.

See ya in February.

dave

I see you're booked on the same cruise we are. I see HAL has now also included the Explore Four deal for that cruise. Just so you know, you can "rebook" a cruise that you haven't fully paid for yet to take advantage of the new sale offerings. However, when you rebook the cruise, you will be charged the new fare for your current cabin's category, so you should do the math first to see if it's worthwhile to rebook.

For us the price of our room's category has more than doubled since we booked it early last year when they first came out, so rebooking to get the Signature Beverage Package, Free Gratuities and $200 worth of Internet minutes, although a great deal, wouldn't be worth it. But depending on what you originally booked your room for versus what the current price is, you may want to check it out to see if it's worth having HAL rebook it with the Explore Four perks that now come with your room's category.

Also, if you're looking to cruise on more Carnival-owned cruise lines in the future, you may want to think about buying 100 shares of Carnival stock. You get free OBC (up to $200) on each future cruise you book. Here's the link that explains the details - http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

I am also on the Konigsdam cruise in Feb. Please join SC_GAY_Cruiser and me on the roll call at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2317499

Edited by richwmn