Single first-timer from Europe

actualnorwegian

Hi everyone, so nice to see there's a forum where I can ask this question... I'm a single young guy from Norway travelling solo to Miami. Arriving on the 10th of October I believe. Want to see Bahamas or the Caribbean, and what better way to do so on a cruise?

My main question is if there's any obvious choices for me. I've read that around 80% of cruise guests are married, and I wouldn't like to go on a cruise full of older married people and their kids. I'm not necessarily looking for a extreme party boat or a dedicated singles cruise, but primarily looking to cruise along with someone around my age or at least close.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated! I'm flexible, but I'm only in Miami between the 10th and 20th of October.

All the best from Norway.. :)

Norwegian Cruise Lines offers STUDIO CABINS for solo cruisers. They are great and you don't have to worry about paying for the single supplement for a double cabin.

They will also have a Solo Cruiser Coordinator and will have a get together every night so those that want to go go dinner as a group will go to the dining room together, you may eat alone if you like.

Join the ROLL CALL for whatever cruise you finally book, you will get to know people on your sailing and you might be able to dine with them, go on private excursions saving money over the ship's excursions.

I hope you have a grand time on whatever you choose!

With your time frame, choices are very limited. Although both Miami and Fort Lauderdale would be convenient, most cruises sail and return on weekends.

Ignore anyone who claims single cabins are cheaper if there's no single supplement listed. It's built into the rate already, you can usually find something on sale cheaper, except you don't have any flexibility, you'll have to take what you can get for an itinerary you want.

More like 95% are married. The more expensive the cruise the older the passengers are likely to be, so look for rates you think will attract people in the age group you want.

Your choices are limited. It looks like there are a couple of 3 - 5 day cruises that may work. Short cruises tend to have more young people. There's no way to predict what the demographics will be. Also, weekend cruises probably have more young people.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I know a bit more then, hopefully enough to do a booking quite soon.

Anyone have a more precise recommendation? E.g. booking site and actual cruise.

My suggestion to you is to use the find a cruise option on this site, and filter by October. Then once you have an idea of what is available, you can purchase directly from the cruise line. I see that on Oct. 10th, there are 2 Bahamas cruises, and 3 Western Caribbean itineraries.

NCL Sky is not too expensive and has open bar built into pricing.