Havana area private longer in the evening

steph7021

We have the Havana aft wrap on deck six and are sailing February 25th 2017. So I am ecstatic! This means it will be peaceful and quiet until 7! We will be able to hear the music but we will not hear the kids screaming as they run from one hot tub to the other! We have heard that as soon as the Havana area opens that lots of the kids of course want to come back there and play. We love to sit out on the balcony after sunset and sip a glass of wine and relax before going to dinner. I had expected 2 hear the kids playing starting at 5 so this is an unexpected treat! Stephanie can you tell us where you found out this news?

We have the Havana aft wrap on deck six and are sailing February 25th 2017. So I am ecstatic! This means it will be peaceful and quiet until 7! We will be able to hear the music but we will not hear the kids screaming as they run from one hot tub to the other! We have heard that as soon as the Havana area opens that lots of the kids of course want to come back there and play. We love to sit out on the balcony after sunset and sip a glass of wine and relax before going to dinner. I had expected 2 hear the kids playing starting at 5 so this is an unexpected treat! Stephanie can you tell us where you found out this news?

It was posted on social media but the person that posted it had a picture of a notification from Carnival so it looked legit :) After I posted this I also started to read about the people lining up thing. So, hopefully now they won't have time to do that because of dinner! I think they should just never open it up to anyone under 12 and that would help some...

We have early dining for the cruise we have a cabana so it will be quiet for our pre dinner cocktails:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We can do a drink on your balcony and our patio!. We have our one night pre-cruise hotel booked and air fare done a while ago. I am ready!

You probably won't have as many kids on your cruise, as the Vista will be in the US and most schools will be in session. Right now, since it is summer, and in Europe, I'm assuming there have been more children on board.

Good to know. We board in 2 hours and have Havana Cabana booked.

Just doing some last minute research as our first ever cruise.!!

Wow! Way to start out! Have a fabulous time!! Remember, it's your cruise. We love cruising but don't participate in hardly any ship activities and covet our time on the balcony. So, I can't wait for the cabana! I also think cruising is a great way to see Europe!

Great news! Thanks. I have a Havana Cabana Suite booked for February 2018 (yes 2018 lol) and wish it were only open to Havana cabins but Ill take 7. Thanks again for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! Way to start out! Have a fabulous time!! Remember, it's your cruise. We love cruising but don't participate in hardly any ship activities and covet our time on the balcony. So, I can't wait for the cabana! I also think cruising is a great way to see Europe!

Been in Naples port today, we stayed on board. Ship was really empty. There were only about 4 people at anyone time in the Havana Cabana pool area.

Definitely now 7pm for others to come in, but not many seem to as probably getting ready for evening meal.

Great area. My only complaint would be that there is no umbrellas for shade over any of the sun lounges.

There are 6 double beds which offer some shade depending on where the sun is.

The strange thing is not many people seem to ever sit on their own lanai.

This is great news!! Just got off the Vista on August 18th and at 4:59 the teenagers lined up to take over the hot tubs!! There was so many of them in the hot tubs you couldn't even see water!:eek: It was not pleasant at all to sit on balconies and see the sights and visit.

Now the Havana guests can enjoy the peace and quiet longer for which we paid for :)

Just as the spa is exclusive to spa cabins , the havana area should be exclusive to those people. Except for the bar area ofcourse. Privacy comes at a price and should be an option.

You can buy weekly or daily spa passes if you are staying in a non-spa cabin. The spa area is not just for spa cabin guests.

I didn't say they were free. I said you can BUY spa passes so no the spa area is not exclusive to spa guests only. I do think the Havana area is a good idea, but the idea of Carnival trying to be exclusive but not so much I don't agree with. I think these should have been serenity cabins. Completely exclusive to adults 21 & over the entire time. Not exclusive but not really. But that's just my opinion.

I didn't say they were free. I said you can BUY spa passes so no the spa area is not exclusive to spa guests only. I do think the Havana area is a good idea, but the idea of Carnival trying to be exclusive but not so much I don't agree with. I think these should have been serenity cabins. Completely exclusive to adults 21 & over the entire time. Not exclusive but not really. But that's just my opinion.

Ok ill clarify my verbiage. I said just as the spa is exclusive to spa cabins. Meaning they are mostly private or limited to but not exclusively to such. I think for what the havana cabins cost they should be more exclusive to those passengers. No matter what the age is since all ages are allowed in havana cabins. Where as you anyone under 18 is not allowed to book a spa cabin. Basically spa and havana areas should mainly be reserved for those certain guests or maybe like in the case of the spa , guests can buy into the havana areas.

But the real issue is.... why does carnival police the bacon in the main buffet so closely on the vista ? But yet on other ships i can eats pounds of it ?

Ok ill clarify my verbiage. I said just as the spa is exclusive to spa cabins. Meaning they are mostly private or limited to but not exclusively to such. I think for what the havana cabins cost they should be more exclusive to those passengers. No matter what the age is since all ages are allowed in havana cabins. Where as you anyone under 18 is not allowed to book a spa cabin. Basically spa and havana areas should mainly be reserved for those certain guests or maybe like in the case of the spa , guests can buy into the havana areas.

But the real issue is.... why does carnival police the bacon in the main buffet so closely on the vista ? But yet on other ships i can eats pounds of it ?

I think you need to do a little more research about both of these areas.

Havana cabins are not available to anyone of any age. You must be at least 12 to be booked in a Havana cabin.

Spa cabins - anyone of any age can be booked in one. However only people 18 & up can use the spa amenities.

When you go to book a Havana cabin, if there is anyone under the age of 12, the system won't even allow you to book it. This is the only type of cabin on any ship with a specific age restriction.

I like the concept of the Havana area. I just think it should be serenity cabins and only for guests 21 & up, since serenity areas have that same restriction. I feel this way even though we have a 8 year old. Havana cabins are out for us for a good while.

As for bacon, can't answer your question and don't care. We always get plenty of bacon and I expect that to be the same when we sail the Vista next year.

I think you need to do a little more research about both of these areas.

Havana cabins are not available to anyone of any age. You must be at least 12 to be booked in a Havana cabin.

Spa cabins - anyone of any age can be booked in one. However only people 18 & up can use the spa amenities.

When you go to book a Havana cabin, if there is anyone under the age of 12, the system won't even allow you to book it. This is the only type of cabin on any ship with a specific age restriction.

I like the concept of the Havana area. I just think it should be serenity cabins and only for guests 21 & up, since serenity areas have that same restriction. I feel this way even though we have a 8 year old. Havana cabins are out for us for a good while.

As for bacon, can't answer your question and don't care. We always get plenty of bacon and I expect that to be the same when we sail the Vista next year.

Again i stand corrected. If havana is 12 and over thats great, im saying that guests in those rooms reguardless of age, sex ,color or religion should be allowed sole privilege to that area. Or make others pay to get in to enjoy that part of the ship. As far as serenity rooms go im all for that, great idea. And we always book a spa cabin , i was under the assumption it was 18 and over in the rooms too. Prolly since i never see kids in the halls.

Oh and a bit of advice for the vista, watch your step. Youll know what i mean when you get on the ship and start walking around.

Advice taken. I have heard there are some terribly slippery areas.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh no, theres straight up tripping hazards. Theres one right by the bonzai sushi place. It was very uncomfortable trying to eat while person after person took a dive, slipped or tripped. Theres 2 other similar places. This is on top of the typical slippery / harard prone areas of all cruise ships.