Live Video Streaming on Escape

Heronymous

So we're getting married this Sunday on the Escape in the atrium and want to try streaming the ceremony for our friends / family at home. Has anyone tried live streaming via Facebook or Periscope on the Escape since they installed the new internet? I'm curious if it works.

-Keith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations, Keith! We'll be on Escape this weekend as well. Can't help you with your streaming question, but I can tell you about the three rings of marriage.

Engagement Ring

Wedding Ring

SufferRING

lol, jk. Congratulations! All the best to you and your bride.

Congratulations, Keith! We'll be on Escape this weekend as well. Can't help you with your streaming question, but I can tell you about the three rings of marriage.

Engagement Ring

Wedding Ring

SufferRING

Hahaha that's awesome lol. I have two of the three rings, the third I'm sure is to come hahah

So we're getting married this Sunday on the Escape in the atrium and want to try streaming the ceremony for our friends / family at home. Has anyone tried live streaming via Facebook or Periscope on the Escape since they installed the new internet? I'm curious if it works.

As of my cruise on Norwegian Escape at the end of July, the internet was not upgraded and performance was slow and access to the internet was intermittent.

I was told by the internet manager that the upgrades, whenever they actually happen, wouldn't be enough to make the internet seem as good as home. Instead, it'd make the now-painful internet "tolerable". From what I've read, they're doing some hacks to optimize the slow connection, but the net speed remains the same, so it's unlikely that streaming would work well.

Is Sunday embarkation day? If so, and you're doing this in port, you may have better luck streaming over a cellular connection with your normal provider (not the ship's Cellular@Sea service). I don't recall what kind of cellular reception there was in the atrium, but it could be something to try.

And you already know that Jerome and I will be The Escape with you as well. So excited for you two!

If it doesn't work out to "Live" Streaming, once you have recorded the ceremony, then in two days, when we get to our first port, St Maarten, take the water taxi over to the Boardwalk, and take a short walk over to The Holland House Hotel located right there on the bay.

From there, relax at the bar with a morning libation or three, and send the footage via complimentary and super fast wifi. We did that with another couple on a cruise this past year who could not stream their ceremony live on the ship and this worked out great! Plus, we had many, many (many) great cocktails and soaked up the St Maarten sun that morning before venturing over to Maho Bay, lunching it at The Sunset Bar and Grill and watched the jets come in.

And you already know that Jerome and I will be The Escape with you as well. So excited for you two!

If it doesn't work out to "Live" Streaming, once you have recorded the ceremony, then in two days, when we get to our first port, St Maarten, take the water taxi over to the Boardwalk, and take a short walk over to The Holland House Hotel located right there on the bay.

From there, relax at the bar with a morning libation or three, and send the footage via complimentary and super fast wifi. We did that with another couple on a cruise this past year who could not stream their ceremony live on the ship and this worked out great! Plus, we had many, many (many) great cocktails and soaked up the St Maarten sun that morning before venturing over to Maho Bay, lunching it at The Sunset Bar and Grill and watched the jets come in.

That sounds like a great idea! We may have to do that whether or not I can get the streaming to work!

JW, do you happen to know if the Holland House still offers the beach rate to use their loungers? I believe it used to be $20pp for a lounger and 2 beers.

-Keith

Congratulations on the wedding!!!!

Unfortunately, the internet on the Escape will not support live streaming. Recommend that you create a low bandwidth version of the video and post it when you are ashore.

JW, do you happen to know if the Holland House still offers the beach rate to use their loungers? I believe it used to be $20pp for a lounger and 2 beers.

Yes, yes they do and they are the best of the best. The very handsome Beach Attendants from Australia will provide two comfortable padded loungers, a beach umbrella and a bucket of mixed beverages (Beers and Soda, but mixed cocktails ~ yeah baby are also available) plus bathroom privileges for two, (yes you have to pay to pee) all for, I think, $25 now. But the price usually depends on the ships in port. Also, The Holland House has one of the best box lunch menu selections brought to you on the beach.

Oh, and don't forget the "Aloe" Massage Ladies!

These ladies patrol the beach, and will give Aloe Foot Massages for $20. Just do it! It is absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best $20 I ever spent.

Once you have enjoyed the Holland House's facilities, then mosey on over to The Blue Bitch Bar to enjoy getting Bitch Slapped, their signature shot. Two of these and you will fly on your own accord back to the ship, guaranteed. Yes the bar's name is really The Blue Bitch Bar.

Here is a picture of me getting Bitch Slapped just before I took off my clothes and danced with the steel drum band there on the boardwalk, see, no Tequila for me, ever!........

188774_1552973159061_7660211_n.jpg?oh=a80d00648ddbbffd0200d53774cee52a&oe=5852015D

Engagement Ring

Wedding Ring

SufferRING

Unfortunately my 3rd ring came almost immediately after the 2nd ring, on the honeymoon to be exact... :(

From there, relax at the bar with a morning libation or three, and send the footage via complimentary and super fast wifi.

Too funny!

Unfortunately my 3rd ring came almost immediately after the 2nd ring, on the honeymoon to be exact... :(

Sorry to hear that.