St. Peter's Basilica Tour

happy 2 b cruising

Looking for the best kind of skip the line tour tickets for the inside of the Basilica. All I can find online is a company called Get Your Guide. Com Has anyone used or heard of the company before? I would appreciate any information you could give me on how you have secured your tickets to tour the inside of the Basilica. Most tour companies just do a pass by or drop you in front and you must wait on a long line to secure tickets. Thank - You for your help.

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

There is no ticket required for admission into the basilica of St. Peters. The only line is for security.

This is different from the system at the Vatican Museums where it's true that you face a long line for tickets unless you pre-reserve them in advance or go with a tour.

There is no ticket required for admission into the basilica of St. Peters. The only line is for security.

This is different from the system at the Vatican Museums where it's true that you face a long line for tickets unless you pre-reserve them in advance or go with a tour.

The company we found online wants to charge us $29.00 per person I guess for a guide fee for one hour? Do we need a guide? What is the best time to go to avoid the long lines? Our trip is the end of September. Appreciate your help.

$29 is not a bad price for a one hour guided tour. If you don't go with a guide, you will need some kind of notes or guide book or audio-tour if you want to know what you're seeing. There is not really any signage, so unless you know what you're looking at, you'll miss a lot of the history, art, etc. of the place.

The most crowded day tends to be Monday. Wednesday morning is not a good time to go due to the Papal Audience (if held) in the square. Other than that, I would say any day is fine for the basilica, and I would choose to go either very early in the morning or toward the end of the day.

$29 is not a bad price for a one hour guided tour. If you don't go with a guide, you will need some kind of notes or guide book or audio-tour if you want to know what you're seeing. There is not really any signage, so unless you know what you're looking at, you'll miss a lot of the history, art, etc. of the place.

The most crowded day tends to be Monday. Wednesday morning is not a good time to go due to the Papal Audience (if held) in the square. Other than that, I would say any day is fine for the basilica, and I would choose to go either very early in the morning or toward the end of the day.

Any idea what time St. Peters opens or closes for tourists?