Visa Redemption

I realize there are numerous threads on this very subject but I've just spent an hour reading through them and the Visa redemption site and can't find an answer. I thought I had read you cannot redeem for a companion fare on a new ship (thinking of Anthem). I don't see anything about that on the site. Anyone know for sure? I do understand no discounts can be used and you must begin with the full price/no sales.

I don't know about the "newer ship" rule...but we found we came out ahead using the points as cash against the cost of the cruise rather than companion fare because you can take advantage of the current "sale".

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I realize there are numerous threads on this very subject but I've just spent an hour reading through them and the Visa redemption site and can't find an answer. I thought I had read you cannot redeem for a companion fare on a new ship (thinking of Anthem). I don't see anything about that on the site. Anyone know for sure? I do understand no discounts can be used and you must begin with the full price/no sales.

See the general terms and conditions #3 about not being able to use certain redemptions in the first 365 days of a new cruise ship's sailings:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_rewards_chart_10_05_2016.pdf

See the general terms and conditions #3 about not being able to use certain redemptions in the first 365 days of a new cruise ship's sailings:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_rewards_chart_10_05_2016.pdf

Good grief, the one I was looking at just excludes Christmas and New Year with no mention of new ships. It is from 2014. Thanks for the updated link. Has Anthem been sailing a year yet? I sail in November.

Good grief, the one I was looking at just excludes Christmas and New Year with no mention of new ships. It is from 2014. Thanks for the updated link. Has Anthem been sailing a year yet? I sail in November.

Yes, I believe the first revenue cruise was around April 2015.

Can someone tell me:

How do room upgrades work with VISA points?

Is it that if you book an ocean view you can upgrade to balcony? Or does it have to be like from lowest ocean view category to highest ocean view category or lowest balcony category to highest balcony category?

Can someone tell me:

How do room upgrades work with VISA points?

Is it that if you book an ocean view you can upgrade to balcony? Or does it have to be like from lowest ocean view category to highest ocean view category or lowest balcony category to highest balcony category?

You book any balcony or better.

When you redeem the points, you get a credit in the amount of the difference between the least expensive available balcony and the least expensive available OV.