Transfer a booking

dee2673

Good Afternoon, All

I have read lots of threads regarding transferring the booking to a TA before final payment in order to receive some onboard credit or maybe a free dinner.I am ready to proceed but had a question. I booked with the Anniversary Sale promo.We are good with the perks it offers and are satisfied with the price. If I transfer my booking, is it really a new booking and I'll lose my stuff? I wish I had moved it before the sale ended...then no question.

Anyway, hope someone can help. You guys all know so much..You'all rock!

Edited by dee2673
grammar

Good Afternoon, All

I have read lots of threads regarding transferring the booking to a TA before final payment in order to receive some onboard credit or maybe a free dinner.I am ready to proceed but had a question. I booked with the Anniversary Sale promo.We are good with the perks it offers and are satisfied with the price. If I transfer my booking, is it really a new booking and I'll lose my stuff? I wish I had moved it before the sale ended...then no question.

the booking transfers "as is" and the TA can add whatever they wish.

Good Afternoon, All

We have two cruises booked with a large warehouse TA, one we transferred from HAL but we were told by the TA that the transfer had to be done no later than two weeks after booking with HAL. Others may be different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each TA has their own rules.

I am assuming that you are transferring your booking from HAL. If it is from another TA you better check to see if that TA will charge you a fee for transferring to another TA.

Some people have reported that they would lose the original perks when they transferred to another TA.

ASK Questions before you do anything.

Definitely ask the TA to whom you want to transfer the booking and also check with your HAL PCC. I have never lost perks in the two times I've done it nor have I heard that it had to be done within two weeks of booking. However, in both instances, I transferred to the large warehouse TA, I was advised that their final payment was two weeks PRIOR to HAL's final payment date. You do need to transfer before final payment.

Thank you all for your replies. I already checked with my PCC. She just wants the name and contact info for wherever I choose to go. Leaning toward the Big box Seattle Based warehouse store..but will ask questions before I do it..and pick a different on eif they do not suit..

Again, many thanks..:)

Thank you all for your replies. I already checked with my PCC. She just wants the name and contact info for wherever I choose to go. Leaning toward the Big box Seattle Based warehouse store..but will ask questions before I do it..and pick a different on eif they do not suit..

That's who I transferred my bookings to. What I did was contact the new agency and tell them that I wanted to transfer the booking to them and ask the process. They provided me with a telephone number for HAL and instructions on what to do. They also gave me the telephone number for the new agency that HAL has on file so that HAL can verify the agency in their system before doing the transfer. I've never had my PCC do the transfer; I wasn't aware until recently that she could do it. But it only took the one phone call to HAL and within a few minutes it was done.

Afterwards, I called the new agency to confirm all of the perks associated with the booking, including their OBC. Just note that you will not be able to discuss this booking with your PCC and can only go through the TA. You should also know that each and every time you contact the new TA, you will speak to a different person. It's a little bit of a come down from going to a responsive PCC to that but they are still willing to call HAL for upgrades (sometimes you have to really tell them what you want them to do). If the OBC is worth it to you to go through that PITA, then go ahead. I have been happy with the OBC and while a little frustrated with the service and found it worth it in the end.

And keep in mind that their final payment date is two weeks prior to HAL's.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

I am fine with all that. We are pretty easy going and don't need personal service as we kind of take it as it comes..:). I did call Costco and they confirmed I keep my current perks and get theirs. According to their website well get an additional 330.00 OBC. Totally worth it to us.

• Like 1

I am fine with all that. We are pretty easy going and don't need personal service as we kind of take it as it comes..:). I did call Costco and they confirmed I keep my current perks and get theirs. According to their website well get an additional 330.00 OBC. Totally worth it to us.

That's good (and has been my experience). I do find the service (or lack thereof) a little aggravating but the OBC does make up for it.

Just an FYI, we aren't allowed to mention the names of TAs.

• 5 weeks later...

I have had great success with this agency. Never a problem.

Definitely ask the TA to whom you want to transfer the booking and also check with your HAL PCC. I have never lost perks in the two times I've done it nor have I heard that it had to be done within two weeks of booking. However, in both instances, I transferred to the large warehouse TA, I was advised that their final payment was two weeks PRIOR to HAL's final payment date. You do need to transfer before final payment.

I booked through HAL as I lost my TA due to retirement however I was able to connect with her company, It was almost 30 days after booking with HAL but my TA had it assigned to them without loss of perks. I had have used this agency for all my cruises and felt more at ease with the personal touch I receive from them:)

We typically book with the big Cos. Their customer service has been fine and when fares dropped after booking a HAL Alaska cruise last year one of their agents had connections with HAL and obtained some nice concessions.

Transferring booking WITHIN ALLOWED TIME FRAMES is simple and you retain all of your initial booking benes. That said, I had been contacted by a HAL PCC who has quoted me some fares on different cruises but nothing above and beyond what I saw online. Over the weekend I saw a desirable aft cabin and booked directly through C. While I hate to shut out anyone that is trying to assist me there just isn't any advantage (from what I can see) in booking with a PCC. My impression also was that if you transfer the booking from them to another TA they don't receive 'credit' anyway. Just curious how this works.

If a PCC had worked closely with me to arrange a booking I might feel inclined not to transfer but for the little assistance seemingly offered I cannot forgo 200 plus dollars of big store credit.

We typically book with the big Cos. Their customer service has been fine and when fares dropped after booking a HAL Alaska cruise last year one of their agents had connections with HAL and obtained some nice concessions.

Transferring booking WITHIN ALLOWED TIME FRAMES is simple and you retain all of your initial booking benes. That said, I had been contacted by a HAL PCC who has quoted me some fares on different cruises but nothing above and beyond what I saw online. Over the weekend I saw a desirable aft cabin and booked directly through C. While I hate to shut out anyone that is trying to assist me there just isn't any advantage (from what I can see) in booking with a PCC. My impression also was that if you transfer the booking from them to another TA they don't receive 'credit' anyway. Just curious how this works.

If a PCC had worked closely with me to arrange a booking I might feel inclined not to transfer but for the little assistance seemingly offered I cannot forgo 200 plus dollars of big store credit.

It has been reported here several times, and verified by my PCC a number of times, that as long as the PCC gets the initial booking they get the 'credit' they need even if the reservation later gets moved to a TA.

Just one comment, PCC's do receive credit for the booking even if you transfer! Can't fault you for doing what you did, makes total sense.

• Like 1

Good to know. I really don't expect to use a PCC since I usually do my research and book through C.

Have not had overall good experience with PCC's assigned to me.

On NCL Jade cruise PCC told me I would have a wrap around balcony on aft suite (not correct). On recent X booking was give an A1 upgrade and the PCC made a big deal of assigning me a hump cabin (very desirable). Only after checking did I see that it was a clearly marked obstructed balcony (window washing equipment).She never even mentioned this.

If the PCC has access to some special deals or insight great but if all you are going to get is misinformation what is the point. JMHO

Good to know. I really don't expect to use a PCC since I usually do my research and book through C.

Have not had overall good experience with PCC's assigned to me.

On NCL Jade cruise PCC told me I would have a wrap around balcony on aft suite (not correct). On recent X booking was give an A1 upgrade and the PCC made a big deal of assigning me a hump cabin (very desirable). Only after checking did I see that it was a clearly marked obstructed balcony (window washing equipment).She never even mentioned this.

If the PCC has access to some special deals or insight great but if all you are going to get is misinformation what is the point. JMHO

I have experience only with HAL PCCs and my experience has only been positive. Over the years I have had 3, all of which have been excellent.

Your listed experience has not been with HAL and while it was not good, PCCs like anything else can be good or bad and it is possible that you have just had some bad luck. Trying again with any line might provide you with a better experience.

• 2 months later...
If you transfer to a TA prior to final payment and the TA has a lower price than HAL, do you get the lower price? If you do have OBC from an onboard credit with HAL, does the OBC transfer to the TA?

Yes on both accounts, at least in the case of my TA!

If you transfer to a TA prior to final payment and the TA has a lower price than HAL, do you get the lower price? If you do have OBC from an onboard credit with HAL, does the OBC transfer to the TA?

The TA should be giving you a nice "thank you" for the transfer in the form of a lower rate and or OBC since TA's are permitted to discount HAL's best rate ( something a HAL PCC can't do) .

If your TA is merely offering what HAL is , then find a TA that appreciates your business .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by MCC retired

• 11 months later...

I have booked cruises directly through the big box TA with no problems. Now I am looking at booking another cruise and I see that Holland America has the cabin I want as available, they also have the platinum insurance I want, BUT the TA has a lower pp price plus OBC. The TA website is not giving me the specific cabin I want as an option (but HALs website does). I have never transferred a booking before - should I book through HAL to get the cabin and trip insurance then transfer to the TA for the lower rate and OBC? Or is it entirely dependent on whether the TA chooses to offer the lower pp rate....? Thank you.