Passenger age demographic

navy boy

Should P&O examine the potential of aiming one ship at an age group of 40's,50's and 60's.

Great for holiday period but what the hell are they going to do with the ship when these youngsters are at work.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Should P&O examine the potential of aiming one ship at an age group of 40's,50's and 60's.

I think Britannia offers broader options resulting from trends in customer preferences, giving more choice in things like dining and dress code thus appealing to a wider demographic. Maybe rather than thinking about this in terms of P&O we should consider the broader aspect of Carnival market share - if they have the market covered across their brands, perhaps with P&O catering more for the older British market, why would they change significantly, other than to perhaps broaden the choice for the ageing X-gen (who by definition have a different outlook to the current older people)? We have to remember that the UK has an ageing population so this market is set to grow not shrink. Of course an ageing population doesn't necessarily mean vast increases in cruisers, there are other factors to consider, for example changes to pensions over the last ten years, will mean that there will be a whole generation more likely to have less disposable income in their old age.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity is actively trying to get younger passengers on board. Not sure that they have the right approach!

Always makes me chuckle when I see younger passengers complaining about us oldies on board, have they found the secret of eternal youth and will never become senior citizens?

I think there is loads of provision for the young with the family ships and the adult age range does not run from 18 to 98 with all those people enjoying the same things such as ballroom dancing and music from the 1960's. I am bored with having quizzes asking who is the 5th Beatle or which Brit first won the euro song contest, or the Theatre company doing songs from the 60's, we have all heard this over and over again. Also Ballroom dancing is very niche now

There are millions of middle aged who grew up listening to music from the 80's and 90's. With 7 ships surely 1 could be actually TARGETED at this group, why not? They work for their holiday so why not provide just 1 ship for them? This is not ageism or against age discrimination laws, it is alongside adult only ships, if that's not the above why is this idea?

I don't think P&O necessarily need to change much but I do think the shows ann entertainment is very dated and never seems to change. Sad as it seems we just don't go to anything anymore, the best I'm hoping for are some decent onboard speakers [emoji53] having said that for a multitude of other reasons P&O is still my preferred brand at the moment. We will be trying others out in the near future but I fear we are as stuck in our ways as P&O are in theirs!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums