Affordable Restaurants in Sydney

Disco Duck

No unfortunately not. Gammon is uncommon in Australia and I have never ever seen it on any menus. You can probably buy it through speciality butchers to have at home yourself but not when dining out.

If you love your meat though especially ham/pork then stop in at The Lowenbrau in The Rocks (near cruise terminal, 5 min walk) which is a German restaurant and they do the most amazing meat platters *drool* or you can't go wrong with the Pork knuckle - crackling heaven.

The name has been changed. It is now the Munich Brauhouse. And the foo was

great. But a word of advice. Order one meal and share it. We ordered a plate of different sausages and Wiener schnitzel and with the happy hour beer we just about finished the meal. You will love it.

Walter

We are on the Dec 7,2016 Noordam cruise.

• 1 month later...

Based on a few recommendations for Buckleys we decided to eat there today. Maybe it was what we ordered (we both had fish and chips) but it was horrible. We might as well have ordered a bucket of grease and a spoon. I sure wouldn't recommend it nor would we return. I will have to say that the view is nice if you eat outside. It's a "wait on yourself" style of service.

Riversedge...thanks for the info. We will be sure not to eat there. How's the weather?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How's the weather? You ask.

H.O.T.

Bloody hot, comes the reply, where I am top of 42.5 yesterday (about 108f if the old brain hasn't melted).

How's the weather? You ask.

H.O.T.

Bloody hot, comes the reply, where I am top of 42.5 yesterday (about 108f if the old brain hasn't melted).

Yikes! Cool it down a bit before I get there in about 4 weeks!!

GUT2407.....WOW! You have hot and we have freezing cold and snow! Thank you for letting me know. When I look it up on weather.com it says it's about 78 degrees there. I had a feeling that wasn't correct.

Might have been 78 at 4:00 am.

I am in the Hunter Valley Sydney would be a bit less.

It's 9:30am now and 30c that's about 85f I think, and today is supposed to be cooler.

Yikes! Cool it down a bit before I get there in about 4 weeks!!

Hate to say, but February is usually our hottest month.

Sydney will be a bit cooler than were I am, the sea breezes help.

Very humid today though which I find worse.

GUT2407....are you coming on the cruise with us or have you just been so nice to post all these things for us?

Nope not on that cruise, just trying to help.

Been banned from booking anymore cruises just now.

So Mrs Gut thinks anyway.

GUT2407. Thank you. I appreciate all the info that you have given us. I have to go on a cruise every year. I would live on a ship if I could.

I think you will find most Aussies helpful people.

I've got cruises booked, three in fact, that's why I am banned.

You may have signatures off, but 5 days next month on QM2 (adult daughter coming with us) 2 days in Solstice in October (Mrs Gut's birthday) and 9 on Norwegian Jewel in December, it's her first visit here and an unusual itinerary.

Yeah I've often thought I could live on a ship, but even for a hermit like me I think there'd be a few people I'd miss.

We are truly hooked, Mrs Gut has a neurological condition and isn't allowed fly, I have a back problem that at times restricts me to bed for long periods (hence I spend a lot of time here on CC to fight off boredom and dream of the next cruise) and that really rules out road trips (though we did a quick one last week, over 1,000 miles in five days).

GUT2407....I have found that all ready. We were on the Jewel once and really liked it. I would, also, miss my family. I have a bad back and my husband just had a knee replacement. We are not looking forward to the long flight from Boston but there is no other way to get there and my doctor gave us sleeping pills which we do plan on taking. We also like road trips and have gone all over the U.S. It is a great way to see the country. Take care and thanks again.

GUT2407....I have found that all ready. We were on the Jewel once and really liked it. I would, also, miss my family. I have a bad back and my husband just had a knee replacement. We are not looking forward to the long flight from Boston but there is no other way to get there and my doctor gave us sleeping pills which we do plan on taking. We also like road trips and have gone all over the U.S. It is a great way to see the country. Take care and thanks again.

That flight would kill me.

The take off and landing could kill Mrs Gut.