Nice beach near the cruise port

ChristieNJ

This will be our first time in Costa Maya and it really looks awesome! One question:

My mother cannot be far from the ship for health reasons. She also cannot walk too far. Is there a beach that is nearby the ship that is nice? We would just like to take a taxi and relax on a beach that has food and bathrooms available. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!:)

You can see a map and pictures of the beach clubs along the malecon in my signature link. The pier at Costa Maya is a long pier but trams are available for at least part of the way, depending on where you dock. Nevertheless it is a walk through the shopping to the tram/taxi area in order to catch a tram to the malecon.

There is a small beach and a pool at the cruise port. IMO food and drink are just soso and are overpriced. But for someone with mobility issues, the cruise port area is a reasonable option.

• 5 weeks later...
Check out my review on Blue Kay along the Malecon. Beautiful place with excellent service. It's the very first beach you come to on the malecon. My review with TONS of pictures is located in my signature line. :)

How was is this from the port?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's only about 7-8 minutes from the port and the first beach place you come to on the malecon. You'll see the lighthouse and it's right beside that.

Wow, I just checked out your review and pictures. It looks BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for all the details! Great job.