Steakhouse large group/first night free wine...per table or reservation?

mengcruise

We are sailing in October on the splendor.

I made a reservation for our group of 11( 8 adults/4 cabins)

I received a confirmation

Is the free wine on the first night one per reservation? Which we would then only get one

Or us it per cabin? Which would be 4

If I need to cancel and start over and have each cabin book their own reservation - how would I.make sure we are now table?

We are sailing in October on the splendor.

I made a reservation for our group of 11( 8 adults/4 cabins)

I received a confirmation

Is the free wine on the first night one per reservation? Which we would then only get one

Or us it per cabin? Which would be 4

If I need to cancel and start over and have each cabin book their own reservation - how would I.make sure we are now table?

If the reservations were separate tables you would get 4 bottles, but based on other responses, it appears when you book as a group, carnival short changes you a little, and you will probably only get 2 or 3 bottles. I don't think this is right, but its free, so carnival can do what they want. Seems kind of cheap on carnival's part, to save the 5.00 for a cheap bottle of wine.

I guess I should message JH and make sure we get one per cabin.

This is what John said about 3 weeks ago:

"Our Steakhouses continue to grow in popularity and we are serving more guests there than ever before. As you know we serve a complimentary bottle of wine per cabin on the first night and now we extend the same to the first elegant night as well. This also now applies to the Cucina del Capitano restaurants where on the first and second night we will also serve complimentary wine with dinner."

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald/posts/774280815947815

Of course we then run into the ship to ship inconsistencies that seem to plague all of their programs.

We were given one bottle for 4 people. When that was gone pretty quickly, I asked for our other bottle. Was told that it's usually one per table but they would make an exception since we didn't understand. They brought a second bottle. It's not very good wine anyway....

We were on the Magic in January and it was 1 bottle per reservation. We had 4 adults from 2 separate cabins and they only gave us 1. I told the waiter we were from different cabins and he said that it didn't matter. Offered other bottles for 50% off but said he couldn't do anything else.

Although John Heald is a good resource I find many things he says as either untrue or simply not followed by the staff on the ships. John at one time posted a picture of the danish served in the coffee bar on the ships. Said that although the coffee had a charge, the danish was complimentary. I also found this to be untrue on the Magic. I even showed the polite worker the actual post on Facebook and she said it was incorrect and said maybe he didn't know the ships rules well lol I was thinking be careful who you say that too ha ha.

My advice to all is book separate reservations and ask to be seated near each other when you arrive. Otherwise you will probably be shorted wine.

I sent a direct inquiry to the steak house on sunshine. I will be printing this and taking it with me. :)

SHSTEAKHOUSE@carnival.com

10:21 AM (3 hours ago)

Please be informed that only first 2 nights of the cruise it will be the promo of complimentary bottle of wine or the 50% prices per bottle off from our wine list.

Yes the promotion it is applied per stateroom.

Nicoleta Tonescu

Steakhouse Manager(Act.),

Carnival Sunshine

Edited by Bookbug53

I sent a direct inquiry to the steak house on sunshine. I will be printing this and taking it with me. :)

SHSTEAKHOUSE@carnival.com

10:21 AM (3 hours ago)

Please be informed that only first 2 nights of the cruise it will be the promo of complimentary bottle of wine or the 50% prices per bottle off from our wine list.

Yes the promotion it is applied per stateroom.

Nicoleta Tonescu

Steakhouse Manager(Act.),

Carnival Sunshine

Apparently some ships dont do it this way.

This was on the Pride in 2012, but we had 10 people from 5 different rooms. We were only given one bottle, and we questioned it and finally after some complaining they brought over one more bottle. So that is 2 bottles for 10 people. We haven't booked the steakhouse on the first night since.