What do you do with cases in Copenhagen after leaving ship early am flying evening?

s&gsjollies

We're going on our first cruise with NCL this week and are feeling our way at every step! We have no idea what you do with cases between arriving at dock early in the morning, then flying out to the UK early evening? Can anyone give us any tips please.

Also is taxi only way to get to the centre besides walking i.e. are there any buses?

Many thanks

We're going on our first cruise with NCL this week and are feeling our way at every step! We have no idea what you do with cases between arriving at dock early in the morning, then flying out to the UK early evening? Can anyone give us any tips please.

Also is taxi only way to get to the centre besides walking i.e. are there any buses?

Many thanks

This is a great place to get info http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327188. The first post links to answers for your questions.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

There are also luggage lockers at the airport, see here. It's more expensive than the train station, but it may be worth going to the airport to see if your airline is already accepting checked baggage for your flight. We were able to drop off our bags at about 11am for a 4pm flight. Then we spent a couple of hours at the aquarium, which is right by the airport.

But if you want to spend the day downtown, it makes more sense to leave your luggage at the train station.

It's about 4 miles from the ship to the center of town, so I wouldn't consider that walkable. There are public buses, as explained in the thread Rhea98 linked to above, but be prepared to wait, because a lot of people will be trying to do the same thing on disembarkation morning.

Also is taxi only way to get to the centre besides walking i.e. are there any buses?Many thanks

Recently back from the Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Norwegian Star out of Copenhagen. Suggest you visit the Cruise Critic 'Ports of Call' section, click on 'Europe' and then 'Northern Europe and Baltic'. There's a wealth of information on Copenhagen shown there especially from poster 'Danish Viking' who is terrific. You'll find information on hotels, transportation to and from the port, airport information, bus information and much, much more. Have fun...

Edited by Crown Vic

. Suggest you visit the Cruise Critic 'Ports of Call' section, click on 'Europe' and then 'Northern Europe and Baltic'. Have fun...

You are so right! My link (post #2) is to that forum but specifically to Danish Viking's thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

You can ride the ferry boats all over the city. Get off and wander around, have lunch. Inexpensive. You can link up with surface transportation to get anywhere.

Edited by bilmo

Thank you for everybody replies - very helpful indeed

I've not been finding the move from TripAdvisor (I'm an old hand at that!) to CC quite as easy as I thought it would be but have found out a lot more than I knew before - armed with numerous bus timetable and train routes! (wifi way too expensive on the ship to even go there ...)

Thanks again, Sarah