Ooops,Forgot to Bring

RCLFan

We have a cruise coming up in June on the RCL Allure of the Seas. My husband has a CPAP he must have for sleeping. (And so other's on the ship can sleep, LOL) I have read that extension cords/surge protectors are not allowed. What can we do? On the Norwegien Epic, they had no problem with that 2 years ago. Thanks.

Extension cords are fine, just don't bring a surge protector. If you need multiple outlets, bring an extension or a power strip that does not have surge protection.

Hubby & I both travel with CPAP's. I order an extension cord from special needs as well as distilled water. I keep an extension cord in one of the bags for our CPAP's. That way we are covered no matter what. Hubby has severe sleep apnea & I just don't want to take a chance. His life is more important to me than anything else. Yes, this could be life threatening. It has caused him to get a pacemaker.

I forgot my FLIP FLOPS! I was so irritated. You would think that the ship would have women's flip flops but they were literally sold out of my size (a very common size 8). I ended up getting a very comfortable pair of men's flip flops that are now known as my "Mandals."

• 3 weeks later...
@katbroad

Two things you can do -- contact Ship Services and request one of their own extension cords/power strips to be in your cabin. OR bring an extension cord WITHOUT a surge protector. The CPAP will be in no danger on the ship, without one. But the ship will be in danger if you HAVE a surge protector. The electricity on the ship is different than ashore.

I can't explain but if you search the forum for similar queries you can find an explanation by "chengKP" where ch-eng is short for Chief Engineer. Yes he works on ships!

Carry the cord in your hand-luggage, so that they don't hold your checked bag to have you come and prove it's not surge protected.

Thank you ever so much!:cool:

I didn't forget to pack anything on our first cruise last month. I had been packing for a good 2 months ahead of time and had extensive lists. I had read on here that a cruise can mess with your monthly cycle and to make sure you have something just in case. I wasn't due for a whole week after getting off the ship and I am never early so I did not want to waste any precious packing space for something that I just knew would be unnecessary. Well, lo and behold I found myself in desperate need of something right after getting off the ship while at the parking garage. It was horrible! I dug through the car and thankfully found something but we had to find a store to stop and get more because there wasn't enough. Next time I will be packing the necessary items no matter how far away from the cruise that I am due. Sorry for the TMI post! :/