Ooops,Forgot to Bring

RCLFan

Tweezers are a must have. I was hiking in the jungle in Costa Rica with my friend when something stung her. She kept complaining about the pain, and we were getting behind and losing our guide. I had tweezers in my purse and pulled it out. The guide finally noticed us. He saw what I pulled out of her arm, and he said I saved her a trip to the ER because it was poisonous. She had a small rash for a few days, but if I wouldn't have had tweezers in my purse, he said she could have died. Unreal. I don't know if what he said is true or not, but I'll never travel without tweezers again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I keep some of my dressier separates; satin jeans, glitter tops, jewelry, cosmetics cases and carryons in my big wheelie along with a what to bring next cruise list.Its pleasant to have different cruise clothes to wear I do not wear at home.

On one cruise I had packed the DH's tux, tux accessories, dress shoes, socks to match.

But...I forgot to pack his tux shirt!! :eek:

He never let me live that one down, so now my answer to that??

I make him pack his own stuff...what he forgets is HIS fault now. ;) :p

Edited by island lady

My glasses always decide to act up on vacation trips. Screws get loose, lense pops out, etc... Guess I'm rough on them. After twice having to stop in a drug store for an eye glass repair kit, I now pack one in my toiletry kit for every trip.

Also I always pack a small kit with nail clippers, scissors, tweezers, file,,, takes up almost no room, and gets used a lot. Small sewing kit is also an essential, cuz a needle is often required in addition to tweezers for those pesky splinters. Or to sew a button back on...

But the worst thing I ever forgot, was all my long dress pants. I packed em, DW unpacked em to make room for some of her stuff, thinking I would see them and repack them in the other suitcase. Didn't happen... They were still hanging on the bathroom door when we got back home.

On the steamers issue, if you have a light fabric that wrinkles easily, hang the clothing on a hanger in the bathroom, make sure the door is closed tightly and take the hottest shower you can bear. If you feel okay with wasting water (I don't) you can run the hottest water the shower makes for 5 mins.

It works really well for light cotton dress shirts or even non denim pants!

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

Have to ask about the tweezers...What did you need them for?

Tx

Well clearly you are not a woman over 40, then.

Ugly, rampant hairs sprout from the neck up on a daily basis, and need daily attention with a tweezer and magnifying mirror to keep oneself presentable. One never knows where the next one will show up.

I will concede, however, from seeing other people, not all women concern themselves with such matters.

Yes, you smooth faced, unwrinkled girls, you have this to look forward to!:eek:

Passports!!!!!

Didn't realise until I had to produce them at the airport. We missed our flight, and it was the only one to the destination airport that day. Had to rebook to another airport later in the day. Had to race home to get passports and get back in time for new flight. Messed things up at the other end re car hire etc. Cost a lot of money as well. Luckily we weren't going on a cruise or we would have missed it. Lesson learnt!!!

However I would point out that I am normally one of the most organised people you could come across. Just shows these things happen to anyone.

Well clearly you are not a woman over 40, then.

Ugly, rampant hairs sprout from the neck up on a daily basis, and need daily attention with a tweezer and magnifying mirror to keep oneself presentable. One never knows where the next one will show up.

I will concede, however, from seeing other people, not all women concern themselves with such matters.

Yes, you smooth faced, unwrinkled girls, you have this to look forward to!:eek:

Love your post....DH was out and when I asked him if he needed one on trip, he told me...of course...for straggly nose and ear hairs!

I haven't encountered the "rampant hairs sprouting from neck" yet, but surely do have other "concerns"!

Edited by tbmrt

I am just loving the fact that all of us list makers forget things. :D

I have a giant checklist and went through it with everyone before we left for our Med cruise. Guess who forgot her swimsuit :eek: They now joke that one of them has to check me

I do bring a "personal', AA Battery operated, Groomer for such instances; it's great for trimming nose, ear, & eyebrows (unless you like the Leonid Brezhnev look).

Getting some Great info, thanks.

Edited by RCLFan

We were on a Caribbean cruise in December awhile ago and many of the bar venues were absolutely freezing. Also very chilly on a windy deck on many evenings.

(We're Floridians so really feel the "cold"!)

I hadn't packed long pants or a heavier type sweater. Had to purchase something onboard.

It worked for us, but beware, others have mentioned that it could stain, so be careful, and maybe try it out on a small section first.

Not Bob, either :).

We found it works the best on t-shirt type fabrics, khaki pants type fabric or blended fabrics as on a blouse, but on more delicate fabrics, I would not try it.

I forgot my dress pants on one cruise. Me, the planner, couldn't believe it. 3 pairs sitting in my closet to grab. I borrowed a pair of my partners black pants and wore them every night of the cruise having them cleaned once. Since then, I only wear black pants as they go with almost everything.

Last cruise DH forgot his ambien. Thankfully we had the drink package so he could drink til he passed out. We both have chronic insomnia so he tried to con me out of some of my ambien but I wasn't sharing because for me to drink til I can sleep usually involves puking. He's better at holding his liquor than I am.

We've had good luck with Downy Wrinkle Releaser.

We always take Downy Wrinkle Releaser. Normally you can find a small spray bottle of this at the travel/trial section in Target! :) Works perfectly fine for us.

Last cruise DH forgot his ambien. Thankfully we had the drink package so he could drink til he passed out. We both have chronic insomnia so he tried to con me out of some of my ambien but I wasn't sharing because for me to drink til I can sleep usually involves puking. He's better at holding his liquor than I am.

Alcohol is a sedative hypnotic and the last thing insomniacs need to further disrupt your sleep patterns.... and mixing ambien with alcohol is not good either. Please be careful you two!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm an over packer and have vacation check lists for every type of trip. And I'm always nagging my DH to make sure he has everything. For our cruise in May I realized as we approached the airport (with no time to turn back) I forgot my percription glasses that I need to see distance and transition into sunglasses. We left on Sat (day before cruise) checked to have our son fed ex to us. No Sunday delivery. First port was Jamaica on Wednesday. Was gonna cost over $200 to send to me. Oh well, just told DH he couldn't leave my side or I'd never find him on Allure. LOL He will NEVER let me live that one down.

I always forget my sunglasses and watch. I never wear a watch except for when I cruise. I don't like carrying my cell phone while cruising. I like totally detach from the real world!!! So I'm always buying a cheap watch either on the ship, and they usually break or at the first Wally world I find. The same with sunglasses. I don't wear them often and I usually leave them in the sunglasses cubbie hole in my car. LOL!!