Ooops,Forgot to Bring

RCLFan

Arrived in Coco Beach 2 days before our B3B on Monarch after driving straight through for 24 hours. Unloading the car we quickly realized that we forgot one entire suitcase, my wife's. Luckily we were there with a full day to spare and the stores were open. I suspected that the suitcase was forgotten on purpose as a reason to get an entire new wardrobe.:D. Luckily for me it was my wife that packed the car.

Arrived in Coco Beach 2 days before our B3B on Monarch after driving straight through for 24 hours. Unloading the car we quickly realized that we forgot one entire suitcase, my wife's. Luckily we were there with a full day to spare and the stores were open. I suspected that the suitcase was forgotten on purpose as a reason to get an entire new wardrobe.:D. Luckily for me it was my wife that packed the car.

Maybe it was lucky for her, new wardrobe and all!;)

Cruise documents. I laid them on the bed to pick up something else and left them there. We had only gotten about ten miles down the road when I realized what I had done. Never again. I have an app on my Kindle that is customized and has worked well for me. I should have used that when we went to Disney earlier this month and forgot socks to go with my sneakers. Luckily hubbie overpacks and I have big feet.

Alcohol is a sedative hypnotic and the last thing insomniacs need to further disrupt your sleep patterns.... and mixing ambien with alcohol is not good either. Please be careful you two!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't worry we usually don't drink after dinner so we have a couple of hours before we go to bed to get the alcohol out of our systems. We went to a concert in June and I had a really big can of mangorita and it really hit me hard so I skipped my night time meds. I will never drink another of those again. On our last cruise since DH forgot the ambien I went to bed and he went and gambled and drank some more so he could get some sleep eventually.

I keep the "needs" packing list separate from "can pick up if needed" or "just in case" lists. Basic meds for a few days go on the needs list. Just in case would be luggage bloating stuff like more wipes, another pair of dress shoes (seriously, even most of the overpriced photos don't include your feet and the judgy fashionista can judge the next cruiser wearing contrasting socks and beat up trainers instead), extra outwear if I'm not going to cold weather, and etc. This also explains my international collection of cough drops. Ah well, there are worse things than being reminded of Greece or Iceland when digging around for cough drops.

Edited by travelpeon

I've been lucky enough so far not to forget anything. I make an extensive checklist for both of us. I tell DH what to lay on the bed & I pack his case checking things off as I pack. Nothing is checked off until I personally put it in the suitcase or carry-on. My friend lost her glasses last cruise & she had to borrow my extras. I pack clip-on magnets for the wall. I print all my reservations & confirmations & hang them on the magnets.

My first cruise, I packed almost everything that was suggested on CC. The next cruise I did not pack the binoculars. I fine tune my list each time I travel.

Edited by PTAngel

After getting a terrible cold on my second cruise and having to pay a gazillion dollars for cold medicine & throat lozenges onboard, I now bring both on every trip I take.

BTW, piña coladas really help a sore throat!! [emoji2][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take a small, plastic spray bottle with a small strip of a Bounce dryer sheet in it. When I unpack, I fill it with water, shake and spray out the wrinkles. No liquids to bring and lightweight when empty. I use this at home, too, and spray any piece of clothing I wear before returning to my closet. Smells fresh, too.

Are Bounce sheets just normal fabric softener inpregnated clothes dryer sheets?

I quite like that idea.

Edited by reedy8
spelling error

We always take Downy Wrinkle Releaser. Normally you can find a small spray bottle of this at the travel/trial section in Target! :) Works perfectly fine for us.

For anyone living in Australia where you can't get Downy Wrinkle releaser, I found an alternative in Coles in the laundry section. Its called Iron Free and made by a company called Hygiene Plus (ozzie owned and made). Not sure if it is available at all Coles stores. Comes in 100 mil travel size and it was only abut $3.

I don't think clothes steamers are allowed.

Funny thing about Royal Caribbean, the fact that they're prohibited didn't stop them from selling them in the gift shop onboard. That's where we bought ours.

Funny thing about Royal Caribbean, the fact that they're prohibited didn't stop them from selling them in the gift shop onboard. That's where we bought ours.

Hahaha. How weird, but then again, they sell bottles of "cheers" that you cannot use either. :D

Hahaha. How weird, but then again, they sell bottles of "cheers" that you cannot use either. :D

They didn't tell us we couldn't use it. In fact, I wouldn't have bought if I had known.

Speaking of "cheers", our first few cruises the first day (or two) you could pay an extra $9 and take the bottle back to your room. Those were the days ...

Every cruise in the past we have forgotten to pack a pair of tweezers, and we've always needed one. This time we've packed two pairs, just to be safe :D

I have a toiletry bag that is just used for cruises....so it has its own tweezers, small scissors, eye glass repair kit, small sewing kit, even travel size toiletries (always ready to go), its own small cologne, bandaids and other travel meds like aspirin, allergy pills, benydryl, skin care items. It is ready to go, ALL THE TIME.

One year our daughter, 19 at the time, forgot to pack her bathing suits! Good thing we always fly in the day before. Spent the afternoon at the mall.

I have a pretty extensive packing list and check off as I pack.

I have forgotten belts, ties, dress sock...

Flying in the day before has saved me numerous times! Plus my wife gets an unplanned shopping venture... :)

I take a small, plastic spray bottle with a small strip of a Bounce dryer sheet in it. When I unpack, I fill it with water, shake and spray out the wrinkles. No liquids to bring and lightweight when empty. I use this at home, too, and spray any piece of clothing I wear before returning to my closet. Smells fresh, too.

Are Bounce sheets just normal fabric softener inpregnated clothes dryer sheets?

I quite like that idea.

This is genius! I usually do not have room in my 3-1-1 bag and like to carry on as much as possible. I'll be adding this to both my work and pleasure packing lists!

On the same cruise: a pair of smart white trousers which I was absolutely convinced I'd packed (they were hanging on a hook in the spare bedroom), but I had packed virtually every pair of cropped trousers I own (had two piles on the bed and picked up the wrong one),one skirt and four smart tops.:eek:

I would point out that this was a four weeks holiday.

The KEY to the LOCK on my suitcase....back when we could lock them....had to call maintenance to bring something to break the lock!

I also throw a few paper clips and rubber bands in a small baggie. If necessary I use the paper clips to hold the curtains closed if you get the morning sun, you never know what you might need a rubber band for.

Oh, an I totally agree on the cold meds....every time for the past five or six cruises I get that dang "cruise cough", I start coughing and can't stop. Last time I took a whole box of daytime/nightime....used the whole box before we got back.

Edited by myfuzzy

I keep the "needs" packing list separate from "can pick up if needed" or "just in case" lists. Basic meds for a few days go on the needs list. Just in case would be luggage bloating stuff like more wipes, another pair of dress shoes (seriously, even most of the overpriced photos don't include your feet and the judgy fashionista can judge the next cruiser wearing contrasting socks and beat up trainers instead), extra outwear if I'm not going to cold weather, and etc. This also explains my international collection of cough drops. Ah well, there are worse things than being reminded of Greece or Iceland when digging around for cough drops.

See what I mean?

I've taken a Steamer in the past without issue, and I know you can't bring an Iron; has RCCL changed Policy regarding Steamer, or was I just "lucky"?

If you can't bring a Steamer, how do you remove Wrinkles (besides hanging items in Bathroom while showering), LOL?

You do not worry about it. If stuff is wrinkled, nobody cares. At least I don't.

My worse forget was the power cord for my GPS on a driving trip in Alaska. I almost had to buy a complete new GPS but I managed to find a cord at one of the stores in Fairbanks. Also, on a long driving trip in AK, I forget the adapter for the theft proof wheels on my car. Without them, we could not take the wheel of the car when I had a flat. Had to have the car towed to the nearest tire place which by the way was not near to get it taken care of. I had my spare in the trunk and a second spare mounted on a wheel on the roof but neither was any good if I could not get the bad tire off the car.

DON

Edited by donaldsc