Sailing on Freedom Aug 28. Weather concerns

I just posted on the weather front thread. On Freedom now. Yesterday the Captain announced that we'd be going to Costa Maya and Cozumel instead of St. Martin and St. Thomas, to avoid the Fiona weather front. Instead of rain and wind, we'll continue to enjoy the sun. Excursions that were already booked will be credited. They are working on making excursions in the new ports available, and there will be more announcements today.

In 20+ cruises, this is the 2nd time my itinerary has been changed due to weather. Many years ago I missed going to Tortola due to a weather cancellation affecting tender ports. (I was very disappointed since I had selected that cruise because I wanted to see Tortola...but it was still a fun cruise). The Captain didn't announce the change until the day before the port, probably because he wanted to wait until the last minute to confirm the change was necessary.

Everyone I've talked to is just rolling with the change this time too.

Should we expect the cruise lines to contact us if they change the itinerary due to the tropical disturbance anticipated the coming weekend/early next Week? Would there be any compensation if changes are made?

Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Read your cruise contract....:rolleyes:

Should we expect the cruise lines to contact us if they change the itinerary due to the tropical disturbance anticipated the coming weekend/early next Week? Would there be any compensation if changes are made?

Linda

Probably no compensation unless they skip ports or shorten the cruise.

I'm seriously worried about itinerary change, we are on freedom in three weeks - first time in Caribbean and it's our wedding anniversary! Really hope it doesn't change....[emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app