What cutbacks have you noticed since you started cruising?

Buck Turgidson

I have know idea who you are, but man I like your style,grace,class and honesty.

You have a unique way of suttleness,humour,and honesty that is fairly evident in your writing style.

You neither scave new-comers,with stupid questions,and don't leave people feeling cold by your answers.

An inspiration maybe.:):)

Aww shucks, ma'am.

While those who know me might (aka, would definitely) question the 'subtle' part, I thank you for your kind words.

I have know idea who you are, but man I like your style,grace,class and honesty.

You have a unique way of suttleness,humour,and honesty that is fairly evident in your writing style.

You neither scave new-comers,with stupid questions,and don't leave people feeling cold by your answers.

An inspiration maybe.:):)

There are thousands who would agree with you! Ms. Pescado has a travel blog that she has maintained for years and will keep you totally engaged and entertained (and she does the same in person). I think I've read every word she's ever posted! :D

My first cruise was on RCCL back in 1976 on the Song of Norway. Except for my endless energy that empowered me to remain awake for 20 hours at a time (at least that is how I remember my life at 16), I don't miss much about my early cruising years. Yes, there was the midnight buffet, two cabin stewards per cabin, and deck chairs on demand but today's ships offer so much more . . .a real theater with bigger production shows and not a small stage with a guy at a piano, multiple eating options as opposed to institutional dining arrangements - "you will eat when we say you will eat," multiple freshwater pools as opposed to a single salt water pool (although it was kind of fun to swim in the ocean on board a ship), cabins that offer more than just five channels of piped-in music, and even smaller bathroom, and portholes as the closet thing you could get to getting fresh air while in your cabin . . . I remember being told that taking that cruise cost a considerable small fortune, so I made sure thank my parents for taking my brother and me along with them. In just the seven years I have returned to cruising, I continue to appreciate how Princess continues to stretch my dollar ever further. While I miss the small stuff, I try not to sweat it! After all, I am on a BOAT! :D