Majesty family trip report 8/22/16 (semi live) The Splurge Cruise

This is my first cruise review. I think this will be my 9th cruise and my daughters 7th. My first cruise was a Disney Cruise, which set the bar very high. All others were NCL.

This will be my first RCL cruise. I had a extended family trip planned with a group of 9 for 4 nights in Disney World, as always had an awesome time. Decided to add the cruise since I'm addicted to cruising and we were so close to the port, so why not? I picked the Majesty of the Seas without knowing much about her. I had a choose between Majesty or Disney. Picked the Majesty for price and to try out RCL.

Night 1

I'm calling this the Splurge cruise. The Majesty has a limited number of balcony rooms, it being an older ship. When I tried to book on the official website there were no balcony rooms available. I booked through a travel agent and they had a balcony room available it was the double the price of the room I called about. But umm, you only live once and I got a new job with a 30% increase in pay, why not spend it on vacation lol. I booked a grand suite.

My cruise had a delayed boarding for water maintenance. I was emailed, called, text messaged, and called by Royal Caribbean, sometimes more than once, to inform me. I was also called and received a email from my travel agent. I was so pissed about the late boarding but got over it. Me and the princess spent the afternoon at Disney Springs shopping. Took an Uber from the hotel to the port for about $60 plus tip. We arrived pretty much at 5:30. We pretty much walked on board, no line because of the suite, it was like hitting the easy button. Also they had already called boarding #24. I asked someone who didn't know and arrived and waited until 11. She said they started boarding around 4 pm. The ship is small. After our embarkation photo I ordered the premium drink package, which I cancelled pre cruise. Mistake I paid more. Besides wine at dinner I didn't use the package night 1.

After boarding we took the left and went to dinner it was open dinner and casual because of the late boarding. The food was disappointing. I ordered seafood soup and pasta. The soup had two mussels and a baby scallop. I didn't finish it and left the broth. The seafood spaghetti was similar. Side note: I love to eat and had just spent 4 days in Disney with the dining plan the bar was set high. Night 1 dinner didn't even qualify.

After dinner we went to our suite. There we met Joni our state room attendant, he was sweet as pie. The Princess was excited, the room was nice and roomy, we have never stayed is a suite before. I had two bottles of champagne ( 1 cruise line, 1 travel agent) chocolate covered strawberries and fruit plate upon arrival. Which I snacked on through out the night. After only eating Half my dinner.

Our night was uneventful. Munster was at 7:45. Talked to some other families, like us had just come from Disney. After that we booked a bungalow for Coco Cay. My melinin. Is broke, I'm a black woman who has a photosensitivity. My face is already sunburned and my arms have rash. Also like I said this is the splurge cruise. After that we went to register for the kids club. I missed the technology newer ships has. I was like what, there is a line and paper forms. There were 3 rooms for 3 different age groups. My kid peeked in her room, no tour was offered at least at that time. Our stateroom was on the same floor.

Me and the kiddo are tv junkies. I explored the tv, no new movie channel that I saw. Settled on the prime time tv channel. Since I don't watch much prime time network tv the

Sitcoms were new to me. Baby girl caught up on her YouTube videos. I unpacked. I wanted to go out and explore but after a a 6 am wake up for a farewell character breakfast I couldn't leave the room. Spoke to guest services about DVDs, which there were known available. There is a PlayStation in our suite. Went to bed around midnight.

Nice documentation so far, very interesting. I'll be on Majesty for the 4th time soon, so I've been keeping an eye on any recent news like your boarding issues. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.