Kusadasi, Turkey cancelled. Sep 3rd Sailing.

brianj22

Added a 2nd sea day and a longer stop in Rhodes. Letter from Carnival attached.

That's odd. They didn't mention that everything you now buy on board will have a 20% surcharge and all drinks (even if you pre bought cheers) will be hit with s 10% surcharge for the cost of every drink you had plus 10% in speciality restaurants.

Must have slipped their minds!!! :eek:

That's odd. They didn't mention that everything you now buy on board will have a 20% surcharge and all drinks (even if you pre bought cheers) will be hit with s 10% surcharge for the cost of every drink you had plus 10% in speciality restaurants.

Does Disneyland tell you that everything you buy there you will have to pay sales tax on? People need to grow up and become informed about their vacations and stop expecting everybody else to take care of them. The VAT is NOT a Carnival tax and it is not their responsibility to tell you that sales taxes are added around the world.

I don't understand! Can someone fill me in?! We are booked on the Oct 1 sailing. Thanks.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the taxes you are quoting are for cruises starting in Barcelona, I believe. Our Sept. 13 cruise leaves from Athens, which has a much higher tax, raised six times recently (most recently in June and who knows if it will happen again before our trip ends in Sept).

http://www.vatlive.com/vat-rates/european-vat-rates/eu-vat-rates/

Look at the rates for Greece:

6% for theatre admission, hotel accommodation, some pharmaceutical products, books, and newspapers

13% on basic foodstuffs, water supplies, some pharmaceutical products, medical equipment for disabled persons, undertaker and cremation services (let's hope we don't have that), and domestic care services

24% on all other taxable goods (which drinks fallen into as they aren't food) *and services* (so I think even massages will be taxed)

I don't even drink alcohol and feel like I need a drink now! :O

That's a Tommy Cooper joke, right? Meant to give folks here live heart attacks?!

I'm sure you meant to put the little emojis :rolleyes::D;) before the:eek:

Sometimes Brit humor gets lost on Americans reading.