Carnival Freedom, Breeze, or Royal Carribean Liberty of the seas!

ginger123snaps

We have 3 boys that are 8,8,7. We just sailed RC liberty of the seas and loved it. We are sailing Breeze in February....I expect it to be much like carnival magic. Want to do another cruise but nervous to do Carnival Freedom because of the boats age.

RC liberty of the seas added a whole new floor and we stayed in one of those cabins. Does anyone know if Carnival Freedom's rooms were refurbished during 2014 refurbishment? Are there any new rooms that were added to carnival freedom?

We did magic last year breeze this year and freedom next year. We where going to do liberty next year rather then freedom but a co-worker who has also cruised carnival said liberty was not a particularly nice experience for them. He said the new water park was nice he felt the nickle and dimie tactics where kind of unpleasant. Af for the freedom being older i have found that the older ship are in some cases better then the new ones triumph conquest and Eccesty where awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
We have 3 boys that are 8,8,7. We just sailed RC liberty of the seas and loved it. We are sailing Breeze in February....I expect it to be much like carnival magic. Want to do another cruise but nervous to do Carnival Freedom because of the boats age.

RC liberty of the seas added a whole new floor and we stayed in one of those cabins. Does anyone know if Carnival Freedom's rooms were refurbished during 2014 refurbishment? Are there any new rooms that were added to carnival freedom?

I just got off the Freedom for the 2nd time in two years. Booked on the Breeze in 19 days. I also went on the Magic twice in the last two years. That being said...my 21 year old daughter love things about the larger ships but we really love Freedom. We feel like it is more quaint and you get to know more people. There was no wear and tear on the ship. You will love it.

The Freedom is a really nice ship. I have found it to have the best food in the Carnival fleet. It is a good size ship. The cabins were not refurbished during the 2014 dry-dock but they are not worn out. However, the Breeze offers more for the kids. It has the Ropes Course, Waterworks, bigger kid areas. It is very similar to the Magic.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

We sailed on the Freedom last year. Enjoyed it very much, but I found the layout of the ship to be confusing. It was much more difficult getting around than on the Spirit class ships.

That said, it was a wonderful ship. I don't remember anything looking outdated.

• 1 month later...

I read the question wrong so my reply was not applicable. I deleted my response but can't figure out how to delete the post lol

Edited by Chrisyytina

If you have children I think you should ask someone that has sailed either if the kids would like the Freedom. I do know that many adults prefer the Freedom. I just got off Liberty and then I am doing the Breeze. I have sailed the Breeze before and I am sure the kids will like it.

We have sailed all 3 ships and the Freedom is hands down our favorite. But, with kids you might want to do the Breeze or the Liberty of the Seas. More stuff for them to do.

Edited by DebJ14

I can not tell you anything about the Breeze but I sailed the Liberty of the Sea in March for spring break and the Carnival Freedom this month for fall break. I liked the Liberty of the Sea best. The kids parade and ice show - all shows really - were better. The pool area is better for kids - they have a splash area that is close to the main pool. My nieces who are 8 and 10 could play back and forth while we sat at the main pool. My 13 year old had a blast in both kids clubs - she said she likes both!

We have sailed the Dream and Magic with kids. They liked both, but Magic did have a few more bells and whistles for kids. We liked the crew of the Dream better but the CD of the Magic more. I have sailed Freedom and Valor without my kids and I like the Freedom a lot. We booked to cruise on Freedom again. The Freedom has a fabulous CD who sets the tone for the entire ship. The crew was also fabulous and the ship is in nice condition. I have not sailed the Breeze yet because the Freedom won this time but we may give it a try on our next cruise. As a couple, we really enjoy being a step down from the largest ship.