Sorry.. Cheers question... Cheers and GC

Blitzburggirl

I bought Verizon gift cards to save a little money on my cruise (We sail on Saturday!!!!) a few weeks ago, I called and booked some excursions using gift cards and was successful. I attempted to pay for Cheers and was told their system wasn't set up for it, but they'd give me the prepay price on board. SOOOOOOO I've read many people on this board have had the exact same conversation.

I tried to book cheers with a gift card in advance and the person on the phone said it couldn't be done in advance. But they did tell me they will honor the pre purchase price on board because they know we have this problem.

What I haven't read is a single solitary person write the following words:

It worked. I boarded the ship and paid for my Cheers package with gift cards. They honored the pre purchase price.

Has this happened? This thread isn't about the value of the package, other cruise lines, table clothes or turn down service. Has ANYONE gotten the pre purchase price on ship?

I bought Verizon gift cards to save a little money on my cruise (We sail on Saturday!!!!) a few weeks ago, I called and booked some excursions using gift cards and was successful. I attempted to pay for Cheers and was told their system wasn't set up for it, but they'd give me the prepay price on board. SOOOOOOO I've read many people on this board have had the exact same conversation.

I tried to book cheers with a gift card in advance and the person on the phone said it couldn't be done in advance. But they did tell me they will honor the pre purchase price on board because they know we have this problem.

It worked. I boarded the ship and paid for my Cheers package with gift cards. They honored the pre purchase price.

Has this happened? This thread isn't about the value of the package, other cruise lines, table clothes or turn down service. Has ANYONE gotten the pre purchase price on ship?

I would love to know the answer to this as well.

Yes.

Are the gift cards at Verizon's retail stores? Do you have to have Verizon service to purchase them? How much do you save?

I am cruising soon and would love to know if I can use gift cards as well.

The ones I ordered are part of Verizon's rewards program. I have enough points to last til the end of time- and I'm sure any other Verizon customer does too. You pay $90 for each $100 in value. It takes about a week for them to arrive. There's a whollllle thread on them here.

I've also seen people getting similar cards through AARP- but I don't know anything about that.

yes, yes, yes, you can use gift cards to pay for Cheers, I used AARP gift cards, same difference.

Hi, and thank you for your emphatic response. To keep the thread in the eye of the needle I a sewing with, I need to clarify.

I am confident gc's can be used to pay for Cheers (and thank you for the confirmation.)

Where I am looking for feedback is about price. Prior to the preboarding cutoff.. Cheers is $49.95 a day. On ship, it is $54.95 per day. I (and many others) have been told via the call in number- that they aren't set up to accept gift card purchases of Cheers at this time. However, once on board, indicat you wanted and attempted to pay the pre cruise price (which I did) and pay with your gift cards at that time. You will be given the pre cruise price.

This is where my question lies. I have not seen one person post that they got the pre-cruise price. Or that they didn't. And, at first, I was kinda happy that @StolidCruiser said yes. But apparently my question wasn't clear enough. Perhaps his yes and your yes are to the same question, which isn't my question

Hi, and thank you for your emphatic response. To keep the thread in the eye of the needle I a sewing with, I need to clarify.

I am confident gc's can be used to pay for Cheers (and thank you for the confirmation.)

Where I am looking for feedback is about price. Prior to the preboarding cutoff.. Cheers is $49.95 a day. On ship, it is $54.95 per day. I (and many others) have been told via the call in number- that they aren't set up to accept gift card purchases of Cheers at this time. However, once on board, indicat you wanted and attempted to pay the pre cruise price (which I did) and pay with your gift cards at that time. You will be given the pre cruise price.

This is where my question lies. I have not seen one person post that they got the pre-cruise price. Or that they didn't. And, at first, I was kinda happy that @StolidCruiser said yes. But apparently my question wasn't clear enough. Perhaps his yes and your yes are to the same question, which isn't my question

Excellent job of hopefully making your question perfectly clear!

So, it appears that Stolid has confirmed that you can board the ship, request the preboard Cheers price and it will be honored (at least on his/her cruise it was) and pay for said Cheers with Gift Cards....Now that that is out of the way, shall we debate the merits of the Cheers program????????????????????

LOL, J/K....enjoy your cruise :D:D:D:D

Edited by First and Ten

Please allow me to elaborate in the words you want:

That is awesome! I was hoping! I figure the way these boards (all forums really) work was that people would come back having a hissy fit if it wasn't honored. But hadn't seen feedback either way so was really curious.

Thank you! If there are others, please chime in!!

Not to be a downer, but I have read two different user accounts that said they were told that the lower price would be honored, then once they were on board they paid 54.95. I can't remember the names, but if you search "cheers gift card" you should be able to find it.

I'm hoping you can do it. If you cruise soon, please come back and report your experience. I cruise in about two months time, and I would like to use the gift cards.

Thank you and enjoy your cruise and Cheers program!

I just spoke to Carnival about this about an hour ago. As I had planned on doing the same. I was told they received a memo a month or so back saying the prepaid price would be honored if you were using Carnival gift cards. She put me on hold to verify with her supervisor. She came back with the same response. That ever ship should be honoring the prepaid price if you are using Carnival gift cards. She had nothing in writing that she could email me so I would have proof once boarding.

So, it appears that Stolid has confirmed that you can board the ship, request the preboard Cheers price and it will be honored (at least on his/her cruise it was) and pay for said Cheers with Gift Cards....Now that that is out of the way, shall we debate the merits of the Cheers program????????????????????

LOL, J/K....enjoy your cruise :D:D:D:D

My cabin includes myself and a 14 year old. I promise you I will get my value out of Cheers! And... At this time I will purchase both Cheers (for me) and Bottomless bubbles (for him.) If it isn't honored... Just Cheers.. But that kid won't want for a soda, water or milkshake.. I promise you that!

Where was the price adjustment done? At the time of purchase onboard, or at guest services. I have gc's and wanted to use them for Cheers and obviously can't do so until I'm onboard. Would like to try to get the pre-purchase price when I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where was the price adjustment done? At the time of purchase onboard, or at guest services. I have gc's and wanted to use them for Cheers and obviously can't do so until I'm onboard. Would like to try to get the pre-purchase price when I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would like to hear from someone where to buy these on the ship and get the discount plus some kind of written confirmation from Carnival that the gift cards be honored.

I just spoke to Carnival about this about an hour ago. As I had planned on doing the same. I was told they received a memo a month or so back saying the prepaid price would be honored if you were using Carnival gift cards.

We are recently off the Valor and bought Cheers onboard with (discounted) CCL Gift Cards and we paid the onboard (higher) price. I didn't know that I should have gone to Guest Services to ask for the lower price, so maybe that would have helped? If they are going to honor the lower price onboard for gift card purchases of Cheers, I wish they would do it for everyone - not just those who complain. Now I'm wishing I hadn't read this thread! :(

I asked John Heald and this was his reply: "You are correct. We will accept the CCL gift card for Cheers pre purchases, we will allow guest to buy on ship Cheers with the CCL gift card at the pre purchase price"

Edited by apatchetear

I asked John Heald and this was his reply: "You are correct. We will accept the CCL gift card for Cheers pre purchases, we will allow guest to buy on ship Cheers with the CCL gift card at the pre purchase price"

Cool! thanks

Where was his reply written down so it could be copied and had as a reference.