Discovery next month

Love the caribbean. Unfortunately DH finds the flight too much now. We had a three hour delay last February which I don't think helped. Never mind have been lucky to have been four times so will live with the wonderful memories. You must all make the most of life and do as much as you can while you can.

Love the caribbean. Unfortunately DH finds the flight too much now. We had a three hour delay last February which I don't think helped. Never mind have been lucky to have been four times so will live with the wonderful memories. You must all make the most of life and do as much as you can while you can.

You might not fancy doing it as a Transatlantic in both directions and of course you don't get as long in the Caribbean but if you really wanted to get out there again, some cruise lines do the Caribbean sailing in and out of Southampton. We always went for port intensive itineraries until we saw an itinerary involving sailing out to the US and back and to our surprise really enjoyed it. I think we just went with the mind set of relaxing until we got there and enjoy whatever was on offer on board and now would be happy to do the Caribbean that way if we didn't want to fly. Just a thought........... such lovely islands and great weather once you get past Madeira that you could still enjoy some winter warmth.

You might not fancy doing it as a Transatlantic in both directions and of course you don't get as long in the Caribbean but if you really wanted to get out there again, some cruise lines do the Caribbean sailing in and out of Southampton. We always went for port intensive itineraries until we saw an itinerary involving sailing out to the US and back and to our surprise really enjoyed it. I think we just went with the mind set of relaxing until we got there and enjoy whatever was on offer on board and now would be happy to do the Caribbean that way if we didn't want to fly. Just a thought........... such lovely islands and great weather once you get past Madeira that you could still enjoy some winter warmth.

Yes Kruzseeker, I do feel that's the only way we will be able to get to the Caribbean now and will have a good look into sailings from Southampton. DH is quite happy to do it that way so will see.

Some friends of ours returned on Saturday from two weeks on her and said it was a lovehcly ship all the normal Thomson pluses, but felt that the dress code in the MDR was non existent, shorts, vests and flip flops are you noticing this or did they just have a bad crowd:rolleyes:
Can't help there as only used buffet, but quite a few people dressed up on Sunday night.