Our roll call

rvmike

We have 106 members for our roll call on Infinity Sept 25th. Looked at others and not near the same amount of participation. Anybody know what the largest one to date has been. Most on ours have signed up for the party.

Oh gosh, that varies widely!!!

About 5 years ago we took a transatlantic in the fall. It was such a large roll call that the moderators or *whoever* on here had to split it. I think we ended up with over 1000 PAGES!!

Now I will say -- that a whole lot of that roll call was just a few people who were friends and they put all kinds of little things in their posts that were all personal between them and talked about so much off-topic things. I quit going after awhile. People with huge signatures and clever sayings and things under their name would quote every post and it would take a long time to scroll and read. It was also kind of a clique, and it was boring to most of the rest of the people. We signed up for the connections party but we didn't go.

The main thing that made me quit going to that roll call was people who constantly hit the "quote" button to answer every single thing which copied entire posts including their signatures with cruises taken and cruises planned and quotes and blinking martini glasses, photos, etc.

I found I could disable everything completely, after the body of the post, and to this date that's all I see here --- your post and that's it. I have no idea who has long signatures or lists of ships and cruises, etc. etc. I love that - I don't care about all that. Is that honestly something that people like to see? Who has been where and where they're going in the future?

I am on two roll calls right now. Both aren't terribly active, but by now I've done those Caribbean ports so much that I don't really need help there with what to do. There's no way to predict which roll calls will be active.

After that first transatlantic we took another one two years later. That roll call was much more informative and although much, much shorter, it had participation by many people and a lot of private excursions were planned both pre-cruise and in all the ports, and it wasn't dominated by a clique like the first one was. It's all a roll of the dice.