Changes

smurf1635

Any urgent changes to departures/returns are posted as alerts on the NCL home page. And NCL has a robo caller that reaches out to all passengers when that happens (we got a call once with a change).

Areas affected by Gaston, Eight, and Nine are localized and are constantly changing (there are numerous models showing the storms going in many different directions - NOAA post their best guess forecast). Itineraries are usually adjusted with the changing storm paths minimize the affects of the weather on the cruise,,, you won't see an email a week in advance of a change from Western Carib to Eastern Carib.

Edited by BirdTravels

Welcome to sailing during Hurricane season! Yes, if any changes are made, they will let you know. Unfortunately some route changes MAY have to be made while en route - it happened to a few Royal Caribbean ships last week that I know of.

I assume that NCL Is keeping close tabs on the Caribbean weather. My question is will they send an email or add a message to their website alerting passengers of any changes in intineries?

They do notify thru your contact info if you are not yet on board.

Welcome to sailing during Hurricane season! Yes, if any changes are made, they will let you know. Unfortunately some route changes MAY have to be made while en route - it happened to a few Royal Caribbean ships last week that I know of.

I'm perfectly fine with changes in intinary. This cruise was a last minute descision and all we care about this time is getting on the ship and far, far, far away from "normal" life.

Truth be told, I'm more concerned/hopeful with the current cruise making it back to Miami on time. I know they will do what is best for the current passengers, as they should.

On our Getaway cruise, the Captain had decided that it was too risky due to tender to the private island (sorry, cant think of the name). I was stunned by the fellow passengers that were so mad and thought it was a stupid decision. I may look for good bargains, as we'd rather vacation a few times a year, but its still our money and along with a place to sleep, great food and entertainment, we are also paying someone (The Captain) to make good calls about our safety. I'm totally on board with whatever where ever we end up going and if we go on time.:cool:

If you are traveling this week to/from or on a cruise this week, stay dry!