Grand Princess Aft Suite balcony question

kangforpres

Hi-

Thinking of booking and aft Vista on the Grand Princess, is the balcony completely covered? I know Princess ships balconies are not always covered because of the ships design. This will be the first time on Princess, 3 stars on HAL.

Thanks,

Paul

We had aft Vista on Grand a couple of years ago. Balcony was Completely covered, and huuuuge. Splurged for a Balcony Dinner. We almost never left, the privacy was such a welcome respite. But now, we're having trouble selecting any other cabin.

Enjoy!

Yes, I agree with others that the Vista suite balconies are completely covered.

D736 was mentioned, and for me, it is the greatest balcony ever. Very wide and deep and completely covered.

I should say that I know for sure about the Vista suites on Emerald and Dolphin decks.

Go for it!

We were in an aft PH suite on the baja deck a few years ago and that balcony was also completely covered and huge. I don't remember the cabin number but it was next to the Owner's suite. It completely spoiled my husband and now he will not sail in anything but an aft suite with a large covered balcony.

If you have a choice between the two decks, I'd choose a Vista Suite on Dolphin Deck for two reasons - the deck is larger and it is quieter as you are one deck higher from the noise of the wake. That noise can be soothing when it is at the right level but it can sound like you're inside a washing machine as you get closer to the wake. That said, everyone has a different sensitivity/tolerance and the loud noise might not bother you.

One last note. There are no shelves in these bathrooms. Each time I book one of these suites, I bring a collapsible container to hold my bathroom necessities and place it on the counter. Otherwise, I'm always digging through my clean up kit for what I need.

Edited by freetocruise

Also, there is no desk and phone in the sitting room. The bedroom and bathrooms are identical to other Vista Suites, but the sitting room is a bit smaller, so some of the usual furniture is missing (desk, end table next to the sofa and planter stand next to the chair). There is a desk in the bedroom. It's not a big deal, and we'll stay in this suite again (D736) because we love aft suites and the larger balcony on the Dolphin deck.

Hi-

Thanks everyone I just booked C750 which is on the Caribe Deck of the Grand Princess. 10 Day Mexico Rivera RT from SF. We are 3 star's on HAL and did the Transatlantic on the QM2 really looking forward to just crossing the Bay Bridge to start and end a cruise.

It look's like the Grand Princess gets a dry dock this December I'm assuming all the soft elements will be replaced> I'm guessing for logistical sense the dry dock will be at SF at the BAE ship yard, I'll try to get over there and get some pictures while she is out of the water.

Also got the Sip & Sail deal so I guess this is going to be a "booze cruise":)

-Paul