What ship has the most seafood offerings?

CaribbeanCruisers

We're a family of 8 that meet once a year for a family cruise. MOST family members LOVE seafood, Crab Legs and Lobster especially. We're looking for 11/06 if possible, but we are flexible - Eastern Caribbean. We were thinking about the CB? Do any of the Princess ships offer seafood buffets or seafood in the dining room? We love the dining room experience but I'm sure they'd go to the buffet in between if it in fact offered seafood. My FIL would love to be able to get lobster more than the one night usually offered.

Any ideas or suggestions?

We're a family of 8 that meet once a year for a family cruise. MOST family members LOVE seafood, Crab Legs and Lobster especially. We're looking for 11/06 if possible, but we are flexible - Eastern Caribbean. We were thinking about the CB? Do any of the Princess ships offer seafood buffets or seafood in the dining room? We love the dining room experience but I'm sure they'd go to the buffet in between if it in fact offered seafood. My FIL would love to be able to get lobster more than the one night usually offered. Any ideas or suggestions?

The Caribbean Princess seems to be your best bet...Cafe Caribe has a couple of nights called seafood extravaganza it might be just what your looking for.

The Cafe Caribe is an another evening dining option next to the Lido buffet. (actually a portion of the Lido buffet area, but with tablecloths) There is a cold lobster/crab leg buffet on the evening of embarkation and also during the formal night when lobster is served in the dining room, the hot lobster is served in Cafe Caribe. There is seafood served on other nights as well, although not the Seafood Extravanaza.

For great photos of the seafood buffet, click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=288

and go to the thread entitled "Don't look at these photos".

Have you been on any Princess ships? The Cafe Carib is unique to the Caribbean Princess--that's why you probably haven't heard of it. There is no charge for eating there like the speciality dining venues.

If your plans are flexible, consider joining our Cruise Critic group sailing on August 19, 2006--Eastern Caribbean. We have great group pricing and amenities including shipboard credit. You can click on the links below in the banner for more information or email me at kacruiser@ev1.net.

starfamily- We were on the Star last year and they had one lobster night. It was served on the last formal night, I believe it was a Thursday night.

Our family is really looking for seafood. Not huge fish eaters...

To them, it would even be worth paying extra for the other restaurants on board if they could get more seafood. Does anyone know if Sterlings or Sabitinis serves any nightly?

Thanks Everyone! I sure am thankful for these boards!

Courtney

My mother in law will hang me if she can't get lobster at least once, I told her I was sure they must have it, also shrimp cocktail??

we are traditional dining btw

Shrimp cocktail is one of the items you can order even if it's not on the menu that evening. For example, say you don't care for any of the offerings on the soup and/or salad course. Order a shrimp cocktail. Other items you can order even if they're not on the menu include caesar salad, a chicken dish and a steak.

Now--Im ready for my princess cruise--but the other half does not like seafood at all. Will he have a hard time finding other options-like steak on these seafood nights?

aer the menus in Sterlings and Sabatini the same every night or do they change?

Now--Im ready for my princess cruise--but the other half does not like seafood at all. Will he have a hard time finding other options-like steak on these seafood nights? aer the menus in Sterlings and Sabatini the same every night or do they change?

serene56,

I don't do seafood either, he'll have no trouble finding other choices on the menus each night in the dining room...I can't comment on Horizon Court or Cafe Caribe in the evenings as we've never eaten there at that time...and yes, the Sterling and Sabatini menus are the same every night.

At Sabatini the veal entree is awesome...:)

Our family is really looking for seafood. Not huge fish eaters...

To them, it would even be worth paying extra for the other restaurants on board if they could get more seafood. Does anyone know if Sterlings or Sabitinis serves any nightly?

We thought the lobster to be much better than the lobster in Sabitini's. Should have tried the veal, but I was stuffed by the entree hour anyway. :D

Sounds like CB is the ship for us! :D

They will love all of the seafood offerings! For me, I'm allergic to it! I'll stick with all of the other wonderful choices! I LOVE the beef wellington!

We're leaving for the Star next weekend. We're doing both, Sabatinis and Sterlings. I thought their menus changed nightly so I'm glad you said otherwise. Hopefully that will make the decision easier on picking what night to choose.

Next Question on Sabitinis and Sterlings - For a family of 8 adults, (my DS will be in the kids program as these dinners are way too long) how much would you tip if the service was excellent? Also, will the waiter in the restaurant have to share with anyone else?

Happy Cruising,

Courtney

Yes, the Caribbean Princess has tons of seafood. There is a seafood entree every night in the dining room on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary menu, plus there is sometimes a fish entree and there are always some type of seafood appetizers and sometimes even soup (such as lobster bisque).

As someone also said, you can get shrimp cocktail everynight. And for those who don't care for seafood, you can get steak and baked potato every night. Plus, CaribbeanCruisers, on the lobster formal night is Beef Wellington--that's my favorite too, as I don't really care for seafood either.

Sabatinis has several seafood entrees and appetizers. But Sterlings doesn't have any seafood entrees--only a shrimp cocktail appetizer. But the steaks are wonderful. My brother, who is the big seafood eater in the family, ate the huge ribeye and loved it!!

CaribbeanCruisers, you may already be intending to do this, but I suggest that you and your family book at least one future cruise credit each while on the Star Princess. The future cruise credit can be an open booking, so you don't have to make any decisions about the particular sailing/ship when you make the future cruise credit and you have four years to place the open booking against a sailing/ship. This lets you book a future cruise for only $100 deposit and you get shipboard credit (the amount depending on the category) with the booking. Since you know you will be sailing on Princess within the next four years (and hopefully next year), this is a great way to get a low deposit and extra shipboard credit for your booking.

Actually one booking per couple will cover the one cruise--as if one person has a future cruise credit, they can use it for a booking for the two people in the stateroom and each will get the shipboard credit. But if you get a booking for each person, you would have an "extra" one to use within the next year per couple. So you would have to decide what you wanted to do.

By the way, the future cruise credit is combinable with our August 19, 2006 Cruise Critic Caribbean Princess group cruise rates and amenities. So if you booked the group cruise, you can use the future cruise credit to get the cheap $100 deposit and also get extra shipboard credit IN ADDITION to the shipboard credit given as a group amenity! :)

Archived