Tuscan Grill on Summit feedback???

bigreckster

We've cruised on Summit for many years in a Royal Suite and have always opted to dine every evening in Normandie....the food and service was superb and they would make anything that we desired! Ahh....... Now, we have Tuscan Grill...should we just dine in Luminae or Tuscan Grill...input please...:)

We've cruised on Summit for many years in a Royal Suite and have always opted to dine every evening in Normandie....the food and service was superb and they would make anything that we desired! Ahh....... Now, we have Tuscan Grill...should we just dine in Luminae or Tuscan Grill...input please...:)

Having dined in the "Ocean Liners" restaurants on all 4 M Class many times as well as dining in Tuscan a few times (friends wanted to dine there), if I had access to Luminae, there is no way I would go anywhere near Tuscan Grille.

We (3 of us) ate in Tuscan June 4th trip to Bermuda. Service was great, I had the extra cost steak was really bad. Next day I had the filet mignon, was Delicious. DH and DM Thought service was superb and the fish dinner delicious. Would definitely give it a try. But miss Normandie

Of course, try Tuscan Grille. You may go a couple of nights, or just once. DW and I had ultimate dining on the April repo and went to Tuscan six of the eight. We pretty much worked our way through the entire menu. Did Qsine the other two. Don't forget Qsine either. If you've never done it, it is great to try at least once. Very different. As far as Tuscan is concerned, if you are expecting a New York Italian experience like Babbo or Il Mulino, you will be disappointed. The food is good, and service is excellent. We had the same waiter every night and he took great care of us.

DW and I dined in Tuscan on our recent Summit cruise to Bermuda. The service was very good but we didn't find the food much better than Luminae. I tried the aged NY strip steak and it was a bit of a disappointment. We're accustomed to NY steakhouses so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised. Overall we preferred Normandie to Tuscan.

DW and I dined in Tuscan on our recent Summit cruise to Bermuda. The service was very good but we didn't find the food much better than Luminae. I tried the aged NY strip steak and it was a bit of a disappointment. We're accustomed to NY steakhouses so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised. Overall we preferred Normandie to Tuscan.

I agree about preferring Normandie to Tuscan Grill. We dined at Tuscan Grill in May on Summit and it was fine but I can go to a restaurant like that at home. Normandie was special and a treat.

I've dined at Normandie(and need to add also that it will be missed), and we (DM and I)ate at Normandie on our Bermuda cruise this past May. The use of space is lovely, the staff was extremely attentive and personable, and the food was delicious. I agree with bayonnejoe, it's not going to be the Babbo experience, however it's not anything to look down upon either.

We just sailed the Summit in the PH on the 8/14 sailing and had the option of dining in Tuscan Grille as often as we liked, but of course wanted to try the new restaurant Luminae.

We did have dinner one evening in Tuscan, which was great! Lovely choices on the menu and impeccable service. But nothing out of the ordinary. I preferred the Normandie and was sorry to see it go.

Also, was not crazy with the "extra pay" options on some of the entrees.

My husband wasn't charged the extra $15 for the steak he ordered, but others traveling with us who were in a Sky Suite would have been if they opted for any of those choices.

Do not pass up dining in Luminae! Everything was wonderful, and they pretty much catered to whatever we wanted!

They actually prepared something for the DH that wasn't even on the menu one evening for dinner.

You can have both the Luminae and MDR menu so if you have some everyday favorites (escargot, French onion soup etc) they are available.

The food in Luminae is both creative and delicious and has spoiled us for future cruises! We had the same wait staff every evening and also for breakfast and they were all top-notch.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree

Thanks so much for everyone's feedback! We know it is all subject to individual tastes but our experiences over the years at Normandie were exceptional. I did like our arrival day lunch and debarkation breakfast in luminae. Our only trepidation is the close proximity of the tables there...we do like to have some "elbow room" privacy at dinner but perhaps at an early time there won't be people at your elbow!