Formal Night Hack

resistk

Although I loved it, I had a little peeve with the Fashion Week Cruise (I started a topic on it:eek:), so here is a question for all of those who are against "hacking" the dress code: one of the "fashion people" was wearing (sort of) a tux where the jacket was half black half white (the back of it). :eek:

What do you think? Opinions please.

If they were having a Black and White themed Formal Night this sounds totes de rigueur. If not; ridiculous.

Regards John

The short answer is, yes.

We will be on QE in QG for 2 weeks in October and would again, (for the 14th time in QG), expect it to be as temperate as always.

Certainly never felt the need to strip off.

Stewart

Hahaha! I can't get that image out of my head! I'm glad that Steve doesn't overheat in the dining room either ;)

People trying to be "cute" with black tie make me gag. I must agree with Merry Maid, black tie is just plain and simple black tie. If you want to be an "individual", sparkle in your conversation, don't expect something on your back to make you interesting. Having said that, there is a rather fine London/Jermyn Street men's shop having a patchwork evening shirt on offer. It looked fun in the window, stupid when worn. Hacking a tux? Jeeze, it's just a jacket and pair of pants., NOT hard to pack and tote in luggage.

I am thinking some New Zealanders, who lets face are typically on very long flights with tight luggage allowances could wear the traditional Maori dress and save on weight while still complying with Cunard's Black Tie night regulations. I am particularly interested in what the ladies think on this.

Regards John

As long as they look as good as the Tongans...... :D

8a312761-5a44-4333-aa31-2449fd782987.jpg