Help me convince my friend to book Capt. Bob Soualiga

* Angela *

Hello fellow cruisers! I am thinking about booking Capt. Bob's excursion but my friend has some reservations about it. Are the boats speedboats or just regular boats? Would you book the tour again?

If you've been to Antigua and booked Adventure Antigua with Eli Fuller, how do the two compare? From the description, the two tours seem very similar but on different islands.

I just got back from St Maarten and took Capt. Bob's excursion. My wife was also apprehensive at first but at the end we said this was the best excursion of our cruise! She was worried about getting sea sick...no problem with that. She was worried that she wasn't a good swimmer...they offer noodles to help you float, or if you really want, they'll give you a life vest to wear. This excursion was so much fun! Having lunch by the beach with REAL plates and silverware and a very delicious lunch was awesome! You might think it's pricey, but it's oh, so worth it! Let me know if you have any questions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was a little nervous also. The boat does go fast but if you don't sit in the front, it's not too bumpy. Beautiful snorkeling area without the crowds! Lunch on shore was delish!

At the end of the day, we were so glad we went!

some of the photos look like the boat is fairly crowded. Did it feel like you were crammed in? Or were you able to move from sitting up front to the back if you wanted (once stopped of course!).

not really because you have your bag, snorkel stuff...etc... and you have to switch places with others willing to do so. I suppose if you know everyone on the boat it is ok. On ours we had a family who drank all of the soda and my kids and well quite frankly the front of the boat got one can each. We were told to ask but it's hard to move about when the boat is speeding along. So if you do plan to go, sit in the back and share/offer :D

We just booked this again for February. We had a great time last October with Bob!! Loved the snorkeling, the speed of the boat, seeing the island from the water, seeing planes land over Maho, eating a delicious lunch and stopping at Pinel Island! This is one of our favorite port excursions to date. We were not crowded at all, were kept well hydrated and entertained. Guests onboard were a riot! Getting back onboard does entail climbing a ladder but there is always someone helping you. Well worth the price. Even though you see and do a lot, it is a very relaxing day.

Lauri

• 1 month later...

@*Angela* - it is definitely a speed boat. The surf was a little rough the day we went so it was a bit bumpy but we had an awesome time. We would ABSOLUTELY book this tour again. We both agreed it was the best day we have ever spent in the Caribbean.

@Pbdbcruise - if they get seasick on small watercraft, I wouldn't advise this tour. It is definitely a "boat" with open seating for 10-12. However, if they have more trouble on the cruise ship and do OK in boats, then no problem - the horizon is always in sight. Try Bomine for motion sickness - my wife uses it and has no trouble. There was a small shade over a few seats - most of the boat was open to the sun.

We had a great time with Captain Bob. If you are comfortable in a speed boat (wind in your hair, beer a little foamy) you will have an awesome day.

My husband do nothing but book with Capt Bob each time we visit St Maarten. It's always the highlight of our cruise. We've done it several times and have never had a bad experience. The boats are newer and FAST once you get out of the rough water. So informative and so much fun. Never crowded at the snorkeling areas. Always provide assistance and instructions to get in and out of the boat. This will be an excursion you will remember for years!

• 3 weeks later...