Wine near Mia dock; doing B2B and how to get allowance for second crruise

i will be sailing on the Glory for 2 consecutive /seven day Caribbean cruises; the first on the Eastern Caribbean route and the second on the Western and I am entitled to bring on 1 bottle of wine for each segment but I am not sure how that works on a B2B. Can I bring on 2 bottles and they will hold them for the second leg, or do I have to get off the ship to get a regularly priced bottle to bring on for the second cruise, and if so is this doable by going to a store within reasonable distance from the port of Miami?

I would love to read a recent review of the western Caribbean trip. Myself and about 16 other work couples will be on that cruise in January upon the Glory. However, I did have a wine question. Since you are allowed 2 bottles per cabin, couldn't you get off the boat once you are checked in and go and buy 2 more then get back on before you leave? I actually have a few co-workers who asked me. I have in the past just took our two bottles and had another couple bring on two bottles as well that were mine.

i will be sailing on the Glory for 2 consecutive /seven day Caribbean cruises; the first on the Eastern Caribbean route and the second on the Western and I am entitled to bring on 1 bottle of wine for each segment but I am not sure how that works on a B2B. Can I bring on 2 bottles and they will hold them for the second leg, or do I have to get off the ship to get a regularly priced bottle to bring on for the second cruise, and if so is this doable by going to a store within reasonable distance from the port of Miami?

about a 12.00 cab ride away is a CVS or Walgreens, forget which, but it is a block or so down from the Holiday inn. They have wine, though, not a good selection. There is a liquor store around the corner from there too, but I have not been there, but they should have a better selection. Also as someone else noted there is a Publix near the downtown Hilton hotel on Biscayne, which is probably not much further, but in the other direction down Biscayne, and should also have a decent selection of regular wines.

If you factor in the cab ride, you might be better off buying a bottle or two of wine on board though.

Edited by SMSACE6

Thanks for the info. I am much more of a wine than a liquor drinker, so getting the second wine for the second leg works for me. Not sure if it will be worth it to go ashore after the first leg though giving the taxi cost.

Maybe find someone on the second leg thru your roll call and ask them to bring it???

Sent from my iPad using Forums