Are you kidding me Royal Caribbean?

hackwid

We are on the Oasis Dec 23rd sailing. As soon as I saw the Dining Reservations open I went in to make our choices for the trip. I had been checking the dining reservations twice a day. I was able to make reservations for all the specialty restos.

It was trickier to make our reservations for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and I didn't get our first choices for the times we wanted, but I did get us all booked.

Why did you book a vacation with 3500 strangers if you wanted a quiet family break? :rolleyes:

People come to these Boards (for the most part) to gain insight and advice from those willing to provide such.

Your "snarky" comments, while maybe meant to be amusing, are not appreciated by me, and I assume others.

I don't question one's reasons when posting here; if I find their inquiry not worth responding to, I don't. :)

People come to these Boards (for the most part) to gain insight and advice from those willing to provide such.

Your "snarky" comments, while maybe meant to be amusing, are not appreciated by me, and I assume others.

I don't question one's reasons when posting here; if I find their inquiry not worth responding to, I don't. :)

I appreciated the comment, as I think it was a reasonable question.

I think you should charge your user name to grumpyoldfart.

Some may find this amusing and others will comment but that's you right.

Right, using an occasion as excuse to increase price.

Because of the occasion, demand exceeds supply. In this case, there is no way to increase supply. Either RCL can increase the price to bring demand into equilibrium with supply or they can leave some people SOL. Raising the price is the most ethical option under the circumstances.

Why did you book a vacation with 3500 strangers if you wanted a quiet family break? :rolleyes:

I know that someone accused you of making a 'snarky' comment here.....but I happen to love it.

We are sailing over Thanksgiving this coming year for the 2nd time, and look forward to sailing on Freedom with probably 4000 of our closest friends (or at least a lot of people that enjoy cruising like we do).

Last year, Thanksgiving Dinner in the MDR was quite fabulous on Navigator. Festive and fun and 'no clean up' or hours in the kitchen preparing.

Gotta luv it!

you and everyone else want to eat in a specialty for the 24th and 25th. so it is probably quite likely that advance reservations are either not going to happen at all, or that only a very few slots will be made available.

FTR we found the christmas eve menu in the MDR to be slightly better than 'regular ' MDR fare and it was slightly more festive in presentation( a very pretty special printing of the menu) and it was no more loud/busy than on any other night.

you are no more deserving of a specific time and place to eat dinner those 2 days than anyone else 'celebrating' the holiday. hell my nephew was born on December 24th and I am sure he'd love to be able to eat at Chops for his birthday.

Thank you, and AMEN