Concierge Class on Diamond?

A&G

Princess really doesn't have anything where you received upgraded towels, toiletries, flowers, etc...except in the suite categories. We have sailed on Celebrity and utilized Concierge class. IMO the small additional benefits did not warrant the larger cost that we paid. I agree with what others have said. You should look at a suite or minisuite for this type of cruising experience.

Princess really doesn't have anything where you received upgraded towels, toiletries, flowers, etc...except in the suite categories. We have sailed on Celebrity and utilized Concierge class. IMO the small additional benefits did not warrant the larger cost that we paid. I agree with what others have said. You should look at a suite or minisuite for this type of cruising experience.

Curt - the minisuites on Princess now have upgraded towels, toiletries, sheets and duvets, glass of champaigne the first day, (no flowers). Princess has been updating these cabins the last month or so. You probably haven't gotten caught up on mail being on several cruises the last month :)

I agree with you - I wouldn't pay extra for these amenities.

As said, there is no concierge class on Princess like you will find on Celebrity. Full suites have some great benefits, minis have some limited benefits. Totally different then X. If you are looking for the best of the best on Princess I suggest you book a full suite.

I just looked at the offerings of the CC class on Celebrity:

Welcome champagne

Daily fruit selection

Fresh-cut flowers

Daily hors d'oeuvres

Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella

Double-thick Frette bathrobes

Hansgrohe® showerhead

VIP invitations to events

Early embarkation and debarkation

Dining and seating preference

Preference on shore excursions

Express luggage delivery

=============

This is what Princess is offering:

Suite and Mini-Suite passengers can enjoy:

Complimentary champagne at embarkation

Top of the range 'Beautyrest' mattresses

Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high-thread count ivory satin striped bed linens

Fluffy European duvets

Pillow menu

Massage shower heads

Luxury towels

Our Suite passengers can also enjoy more amenities:

Combined DVD and CD player

Complimentary DVD library

Enhanced bathroom amenities

Halo illuminated magnifying vanity mirror

Princess Cruises tote bag

Complementary use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite (depending upon availability)

===============

Princess offers fresh fruit to all cabins. Celebrity is offering a few more things with the daily hors d'oeuvres, and priority excursions, dining and embarkation but Princess offers some of these items to their loyalty club (Platinum and Elite) people - I don't think Princess is that far off from Celebrity.

Sorry - I thought the enhanced toiletries were for minisuites, they must be for Elite passengers.

What is listed above is new additional amenities. The suites also have daily hors d'oeuvres, free internet, flowers, slippers, preferred dining, etc - here is the PR: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na687&submit=pk

I think the main difference in the two lines is that on X you are able to book a lower category room which includes Concierge service, whereas on Princess, it must be a full suite to get these perks.

We have sailed Concierge Class on Celebrity and just recently the minisuites on Princess with the new amenities. We paid less money for our minisuite on Princess and we felt we got a larger cabin with in our opinion and the same value in amenities. A lot of what Celebrity is offering is not worthy of the cost. The hordourves are awful that are delivered. The priority embarkation was a joke. All the perks we thought were important in the Concierage Class on Celebrity, we received in our Minisuite on Princess.

We are just back from Celebrity Summit and had a CC room. There was a bottle of champagne (mock) waiting for us which we sent to the table to share with our dinner mates. The daily hors d'oeuvres (sp?) were pretty terrible. The pillow thing worked well but I am sure you could ask your room attendant to get a different pillow no matter what class of cabin you are travelling. The priority embarkation was a joke, but priority disenbarkation on port days where tendering is required seemed to work OK. The matress top was good to avoid the crack in the middle. The daily fruit was great and the flowers were not changed often, I think three times on the 14 day cruise. Showerhead is a shower head and everybody brings the toiletries they like to use at home anyway. Worth the extra money?...well we felt special and enjoyed the cruise :D

Alan

Archived